iOS Magic bait keeps disappearing

deegee9

Greenhorn
On my iPhone 8 with iOS 16.6, I’ve lost more than 200 magic bait as I try to affix them to my iridium rod. I’ve gone back to previous saves and tried many approaches. The stack of 100+ bait always shows up as just one on my rod. And removing it from the rod - there’s still just one.

wildandblue

Sodbuster
I had this happen tonight, but because it had been reported here, I tried only putting a few Magic Bait on my rod. Those disappered after fishing with them once (and the first time, at the ocean, for what it's worth). Then I reloaded with the rest of the Magic Bait and they've stuck. But it's an odd bug though.

I'm on M2 iPad Pro, iPad OS 17.0.3 and SDV 1.5.6.39.

deegee9

Greenhorn
The problem kept happening - I probably lost about 500 magic bait altogether over a few weeks because I kept forgetting about the issue. The only way to load magic bait onto my fishing pole safely on iOS is to carefully pick them up, count a smallish number - maybe 20 to 30 - and then carefully drag that to the pole. It could hold them but only after such painstaking moves. Trying to more quickly drag and drop the whole stack of bait is to end up with only 1.