Linux Machines not working

hanlun0804

Newcomer
Some machines has completely stopped working for me. So far I found out about the seed maker and incubator in the deluxe coop. It is like this for all my different "worlds". It doesn't work too make new ones, restart the game or anything I can think of. When I press them it is just like I haven't. It doesn't make any sound. I've tried to press in several ways, with different seeds and eggs. I am on Linux.

MiniFarmerFi

Greenhorn
So much for getting my first ancient seed :/
if you get the recipe from Gunther and plant it in the greenhouse it keeps producing fruit. You’ll only have one for now until they patch it up but you can store the fruit until they send a patch over hopefully.

StarBubs

Greenhorn
I'm on mac and having this issue too.. relying on Pierre is going against my dreams of self-sufficiency :'( It's nothing game breaking, but it's surprising how frustrating it is to go without these 'luxuries'. The few reports I've seen so far have come mostly from other non-Windows players so I'm wondering if that's part of the problem. Just to check, do you also have this problem with casks and geode crushers?

hanlun0804

Newcomer
I'm on mac and having this issue too.. relying on Pierre is going against my dreams of self-sufficiency :'( It's nothing game breaking, but it's surprising how frustrating it is to go without these 'luxuries'. The few reports I've seen so far have come mostly from other non-Windows players so I'm wondering if that's part of the problem. Just to check, do you also have this problem with casks and geode crushers?
I have not tried, but will try geode crushers the next time I play!

Lostfarmer

Greenhorn
I'm on windows and my machines doesn't work as well... I though it might be some issue in my mods but couldn't find an problem in them. It's becoming just frustating :(

MiniFarmerFi

Greenhorn
Just checked and those don’t work either 😭

StarBubs

Greenhorn
I'm on windows and my machines doesn't work as well... I though it might be some issue in my mods but couldn't find an problem in them. It's becoming just frustating :(
And yesss, it's almost unreasonably frustrating! Them being broken across OS's gives me a bit more hope for a solution though. I'm saving up all my wines and cheeses, just hoping for that sweet sweet pay-off to make all this set-up worth it.

StarBubs

Greenhorn
I just posted in the 1.6 bug report on this too but wanted to give you fellow grinders a little heads-up: sadly hoppers aren't a solution to the broken machines. I was super hopeful when I finally got my hands on the recipe and required ingredients and I just want to spare you all that disappointment.

On another note, are the mushroom log and anvil (if you've gotten to that point yet) working in your games? I can't get them to work in mine :sweat:

SarahK

Greenhorn
same here. no interactions possible with incubator, seed maker, geode crusher... playing on macbook

This is a really annoying bug.
I'm on Steam/Linux, compatibility branch 1.6.4 build 24110 - new savegame after 1.6 came out (seed machine worked at first for a few days on new game in 1.6(maybe an update broke it or the bug happens later ingame)) - no mods(never played with mods yet since 2016)

How is this not yet fixed?

Did they btw forgot to update the compatibility branch to 1.6.5 or is the 'about version text' ingame not updated with the right number?

I hate the new engine update for 'better performance'. Only causing stutter. And now this critical bug still there

I love that we got this big content updates for free, I love Ape for his game but I wonder who testplays the game.

I attached my savefile if it may help to fix the bug

Attachments

Ok, I found out that the Seed Maker is working if I switch the branch back to stable on Steam again.

The game has performance issues though on this branch. Vsync off = stutter. Vsync on = feels like low fps or something is not right with the display

Rosco

Greenhorn
This was bothering me so much I chose to dig in and fix it for myself. Firstly, just for clarity: this affects the compatibility version of the game, which also might be the default Mac version judging from all the reports of Mac users experiencing this, though I'm not certain. The "mainline" version, even on Linux, doesn't have this issue.

Machines such as casks, seed makers and incubators have a property called MachineItemOutput.OutputMethod which is a reference to a function in the game code. In the compatibility version of the game, the value of this for seed maker for example is: StardewValley.Object, Stardew Valley: OutputSeedMaker . The problem is that this value is wrong, and doesn't exist, so when placing an item into a seed maker it can't find it and essentially just gives up. The correct value is the same thing just with one space between "Stardew" and "Valley" removed: StardewValley.Object, StardewValley: OutputSeedMaker.

I successfully fixed it for myself in two separate ways, if you choose to go down this route it's at your own risk:
  • Difficult method: first I used dnSpyEx to edit the code of StardewValley.exe to automatically correct for this in StardewValley.Internal.StaticDelegateBuilder.TryCreateDelegate<TDelegate>. This worked fine but is pretty technical, if you're a programmer you can probably figure it out but it's probably easier to use the second method.
  • Easier method: I unpacked Content/Data/Machines.xnb (I used a web xnb editor, not sure if I'm allowed to post links here but it's easy to google), used find and replace to replace all instances of , Stardew Valley: with , StardewValley:, re-packed the xnb, then replaced the original (keep a backup just in case!).

Both methods appeared to work perfectly, I've only tested casks and seed makers but I'm pretty sure it fixes incubators, geode crushers and several other machines too :) Here's hoping this gets patched so others don't have to go through this trouble, but if you do, I hope the above info helps.

StarBubs

Greenhorn
This is fixed in the upcoming Stardew Valley 1.6.6. Thanks for reporting it (and for the technical details)!
Sorry to be a bummer but the machines are still broken in the 1.6.6 patch. I un- and re-installed the game after loading it up the first time, casks, seed makers etc are still unresponsive. Am I missing something?

Sorry to be a bummer but the machines are still broken in the 1.6.6 patch. I un- and re-installed the game after loading it up the first time, casks, seed makers etc are still unresponsive. Am I missing something?
It's still not fixed for me too on the compatibility branch. Switching again to main branch for now

simplysatan

Newcomer
It's still not fixed for me too on the compatibility branch. Switching again to main branch for now
Also still not fixed for me on Steam Deck (Linux). I also attempted switching back to the main branch, but unfortunately I’m still having lag issues on that one so I’m just pushing through with no machines :( For further info my list of machines that don’t work are as followed: Geode crusher, seed maker, incubator, cask, mushroom log (not sure if that one is in the same vein or a different issue tbh)