Lost my sword!

IndiaHawker

Tiller
Not sure how - I could have trashed it by accident I guess :( Is this really bad, like have I broken the game haha or can I just get another one? Please and thanks!

LRangerR

Local Legend
Someone here once lost their sword because they died in the mines, but it was before they had access to the Adventurer's Guild. I got a good laugh out of it. Long story short they ended up using an axe or scythe or something to kill monsters in the mine until the Guild opened up.

Ereo

Helper
If you have the guild open, you can buy a new one there. You can also find them fishing and you'll get more in the mines, but that is hard to do without one.

If you still have the "Kill 10 slimes to prove you're an adventurer" quest open, use the scythe to kill the green slimes. It doesn't do much damage but it works.

Axe and pickaxe also work, but the scythe does not use energy and it has a bigger hit box because of the swinging motion.

Kreeate

Rancher
Perhaps also check the "Lost and Found" box in Lewis's house.

I often still try to throw my old fishing rods into the ocean, only to discover it's been "found" by someone and dropped of at Lewis's house 🤣

nicodeux

Farmer
Note that the "Lost and Found" box in Lewis's house is only available if IndiaHawker plays on version 1.5 (i.e. not on mobile).

The remaining options thus are :
- buy a new one from Marlon
- buy it back in reclaimed items from Marlon if it appears in the reclaimed stock
- hope to get lucky and find a new one in the mines/while fishing

LRangerR said:
Someone here once lost their sword because they died in the mines, but it was before they had access to the Adventurer's Guild.
It also happened to my child and she is too young to be able to complete the access quest without a decent weapon, so I decided to edit her save file to move the sword from the "reclaimed" list back to her inventory. I would never do it for my own saves, but I think she is young enough to have right to some easy mode.

Kreeate

Rancher
Note that the "Lost and Found" box in Lewis's house is only available if IndiaHawker plays on version 1.5 (i.e. not on mobile).
True indeed but alas, IndiaHawker did not specify any such restrictions... therefore my generic "solution".
I sincerely hope that IndiaHawker will find a suitable solution eventually.

LRangerR

Local Legend
True indeed but alas, IndiaHawker did not specify any such restrictions... therefore my generic "solution".
I sincerely hope that IndiaHawker will find a suitable solution eventually.
It's okay, you can't be expected to know what platform every poster plays on :P

nicodeux

Farmer
That's perfectly fine ! :smile:
I'm mostly playing on mobile, so when I read advices on these forums, I always ask to myself if there are suitable for me or not yet. I just want the OP to be aware of this, in the case he was also playing on mobile. But you are truly right with the generic solution.