Little quirks/habits

Lew Zealand

Helper
Yes - foraging level 10 + eating a survival burger = 4 berries per bush. :cool:

(Basically I just like collecting stuff.)
When passing by, I still collect Berries no matter what but I don't chase after them any more as I simply don't have enough time in game to do the one project I can actually remember. Getting distracted by Berries will result in less project done and likely forgetting project completely for 3 more days and Bobbi sitting in bed on Spring 19 and Fall 12 with a

Huh, now what?

look on her face.

VampireCake

Rancher
When passing by, I still collect Berries no matter what but I don't chase after them any more as I simply don't have enough time in game to do the one project I can actually remember. Getting distracted by Berries will result in less project done and likely forgetting project completely for 3 more days and Bobbi sitting in bed on Spring 19 and Fall 12 with a

Huh, now what?

look on her face.
This is me irl.

Hill Myna

Farmer
My quirk list:
  • Always hitting the Add to Existing Stacks shortcut button when I open a chest? :check:
  • Forgetting to pet my animals on the day I bought them? :check:
  • Never planting less than 8 of any crop? :check:
  • Sneaking around to Pierre at Festivals? :check:
  • Leaving the noticeboard quests until the second day? :check:
  • Pressing pause to skip the "You got a ____" dialogue in Treasure Rooms? :check:
  • Always mining one more rock than needed? :check:
  • Emptying the Minecarts at the end of the 12, 52, and 92, even though I have more than 1K coal at home? :check:
  • Holding down Y to skip the "You caught a fish" popup and cast immediately? :check:
  • Forgetting my crops at least one day per season? :check:
  • Petting my Cows/Goats after I've milked them? :check:
  • Buying a Barn before a Coop? :check:
  • Gifting all my Parsnips to Pam instead of selling them? :check:
  • Smiling every time I get a Trashcan Hat? :check:
  • Upgrading all my tools to Iridium, but leaving my Hoe at Steel? :check:
  • Cracking my Geodes in the order you find them in the Mines? :check:
  • Refusing to pass out in Skull Cavern? :check:
  • Forgetting something on this list? :check:

nicodeux

Farmer
If there happen to be forgeables (usually flowers) that spawned in the cemetery/graveyard, I'll always leave them untouched.
Though I can relate to many habits noted in this thread, this one surprised me: I find it touching. :smile:
Every time I dig up something (artifact spot, ginger, etc), I'll always pickaxe the hole to bury it back. I don't like leaving dug holes all over
- I also do that though the main reason is to maximize the amount of spawn points for artifact spots in the area.
- I always use the same colours code for my chests for all my farmers though there's no real reason for it aside from laziness.
- I always dig through the museum and blacksmith shop trash cans when I'm near them.
- I always plant tree seeds/saplings in a seemingly-random pattern rather than aligned. Grown trees must look like a forest, not an orchard.

Planter
Some of mine:

- I name my animals by typing random gibberish on the keyboard until I get something satisfying
- I refuse to deliberatly let myself pass out unless in very specific circumstances and usually teleport home way before I'm even close to
- I go to bed between around 10 to 11pm (IRL I go to bed at 11 and wake up at 9 (when insomnis is not messing my sleep schedule), I cannot fathom how someone even virtual could go on with only 4 hours of sleep. Sleep is important guys!)
- I systematically max-heart everyone, even the NPCs I don't like
- On my perfection farm, I had the exact same routine every single morning (except on dungeon days): wake up, watch daily luck and weather, kiss spouse, grab coffee in the coffee maker, go check casks cause I can never remember when they're due, teleport to front porch, move down to check the crops and orchard, move up left to the animals, then the fishponds, then left to the greenhouse, then the keg shed, then the cave if I feel like it, give the cat some water, and now I'm back at my porch and can go on my day.

MariettaCourier

Greenhorn
Mine is a little weird, and more linked to my OCD than anything else, but if I talk to an NPC and they give me repeating dialogue (Gus is a good example), even if I know that the dialogue is gonna repeat, I talk to them twice just to make sure I'm not missing anything. Yes, this means that I do dread all my saloon visits, since a lot of the characters in there have repeating dialogue. I will also attempt to talk to characters even if I remember talking to them earlier, just in case I'm misremembering.

I used to be really obsessive about the social aspect in the game. I really love all the NPCs and getting to know them remains one of my favourite parts of the game. I talked to everyone whenever I could, never missed a birthday, stuff like that. I've gotten better and learned to focus more on other aspects of the game, but I still get a little worried about missing dialogue for some reason!

LRangerR

Local Legend
On rainy days, i put out any outdoor fires that are burning.
I also like bunnies, so I put a barn in a random corner of the farm so that I will randomly find bunnies wandering around, that way I get excited when i meet them and I pet them and give them love.

Lew Zealand

Helper
Mine is a little weird, and more linked to my OCD than anything else, but if I talk to an NPC and they give me repeating dialogue (Gus is a good example), even if I know that the dialogue is gonna repeat, I talk to them twice just to make sure I'm not missing anything. Yes, this means that I do dread all my saloon visits, since a lot of the characters in there have repeating dialogue. I will also attempt to talk to characters even if I remember talking to them earlier, just in case I'm misremembering.
I do exactly this, too. To the point I'll skip the Saloon on Friday evenings as I just know I'll be in there for far too long and forget what I was trying to do before entering.

Quirks I share with other posters:
-I can’t abandon my horse, he requires no other care the least I can do is ride him home
-I Always kiss my spouse (unless they escape the house early while I’m filling casks)
-I harvest every torch from the mines (and I use ‘em)
-I gotta check the traveling cart each and every time
-Always check the daily fortune so I can maximise returns when mining, fishing or weed wacking

My own weirdness:
-I keep a journal so I can do ALL THE THINGS
-I place a torch near every foraged item and artifact spot—I can forage at night now and Stardew Valley positively glows
-I complete every job a townsperson requests
-I always give the cheapest gifts possible while still maximising friendship points

Quirks I have given up on:
-watering my dog/cat everyday, I take mad advantage of their unconditional love but wish I had to water my horse too
-harvesting every berry bush, I can’t go out of my way anymore after I spent hours doing this and passed out
-talking to everyone I see and visiting the wizard when I’m near

NullObjects

Tiller
Haha, I'm guessing you've played a lot of rpg games in the past?

Pluffy

Planter
I'll try not to attack the Slimes after I gotten an slime charmer ring, since the Slimes are only attacking out of self defense and so it just seems cruel and I imagined Krobes won't be happy (I still do it if I really need to.)

If the characters say something sad I'll try to give them something out of my bag, except the things I do need later. (I check the wikia to make sure they would like it.)

I sometimes talk to Harvey or give him something since he's my boyfriend.

My own activity of making money is catching bellies in certain seasons and then selling them at the end of the berry season, I done it in early game when I was super cautious in what I was doing (I was waiting for a mod since I can't do computers, and for felt like I couldn't do major stuff without the extra money.) As it was the easiest way to make money, kept at it since it's extra money, and kind of fun collecting them.

Last edited:

Quirinea

Farmer
Hmmm. Obviously watching the TV-shows (except FIBS) every morning counts.
Another: I always do vault bundles starting from the 25000 bundle and having 2500 as the last one.
Also I do not upgrade my hoe and watering can. The return is small (and I've not learned to use the upgraded ones. I have sprinklers as soon as I can. And as for hoe: I cannot stand being without one and seeing an artifact spot...

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
My quirk list:
  • Always hitting the Add to Existing Stacks shortcut button when I open a chest? :check:
  • Pressing pause to skip the "You got a ____" dialogue in Treasure Rooms? :check:
  • Always mining one more rock than needed? :check:
  • Emptying the Minecarts at the end of the 12, 52, and 92, even though I have more than 1K coal at home? :check:
  • Holding down Y to skip the "You caught a fish" popup and cast immediately? :check:
  • Forgetting my crops at least one day per season? :check:
  • Petting my Cows/Goats after I've milked them? :check:
  • Upgrading all my tools to Iridium, but leaving my Hoe at Steel? :check:
  • Cracking my Geodes in the order you find them in the Mines? :check:
Oh boy....
I have a lot to say...
1. Yes, I do it most of the time but mostly the sort button instead, I like it when I have an item like the strange dolls and flowers that move around indefinitelly when you press it and sometimes I just spam it, don't ask, I do.
2. You can do this? I'm not sure if this is only on switch or just not on PC as it sounds useful and the only way I know to do so is to alt escape which also destroys the game so don't do it.
3. Sometimes... the context is minimul but I do just mine an extra after I get a staircase if I have the energy, mostly by mistake.
4. you don't do that the first time around? They never refill, though might inthe hard mode mines...
5. Don't have crops regularly, I have thousands on gi and in sheds which I never harvest though...
6. Yeah, ofc
7. I just don't pet them, pro tip :)
8. No, never, the hoe is too good, especially with mass amounts of crops
9. I just crack them in the order of smallest to largest in regards to stack size, I should use the predictor instead but I don't like it too much.
Huh, went faster than expected...
Well, I'll find some more.