Little quirks/habits

NullObjects

Tiller
When playing I've noticed a few little quirks I've developed:
  • Whenever I visit Sandy and upon entering the shop, if she says the line, "Oh, won't you buy something?" (or something alone those lines), I will always buy something before leaving.
  • Whenever Haley says, "It's so hot today! I wish I had some ice cream.", I'll go get/buy some ice cream for her that day.
  • If there happen to be forgeables (usually flowers) that spawned in the cemetery/graveyard, I'll always leave them untouched.
  • Every saturday (while I do my foraging run), I like to pet the camel as I find the sound it makes amusing. Same with the pig every friday and sunday.
  • Every time I dig up something (artifact spot, ginger, etc), I'll always pickaxe the hole to bury it back. I don't like leaving dug holes all over.
Anyone else?

Edit: added 2 more that Lew Zealand reminded me of.

Last edited:

FairyRing

Farmer
If I pet any animals in a day, it will be my Dinos. I love them. Not that I don't love all the critters but the Dino's have a special place in my heart.
If there happen to be forgeables (usually flowers) that spawned in the cemetery/graveyard, I'll always leave them untouche
this is cool, I like it.
I know there are others but I can't think of them right now.

Last edited:

Lew Zealand

Helper
When a new day starts, I'll stay in bed pondering whether it's all worth it. Bed is hugs.
I now like to play 'tag' with my collection of slimes. I haven't won yet.
I still hoe up Artifact Spots even though the Archaeology Library is done. They're like birthday presents. Yes, even the Yams.
I don't let Sandy guilt trip me into buying something. I came there to buy stuff... No really.
I like to tickle the Sand Dragon, pet the Camel, and oink the fezzed Pig.
I always talk to Robin because she almost always says something when I visit.
I never talk to Pierre because he's almost always flappin' his gums when I walk in.
I almost always forget who to dance with at the Flower Dance and have to sit and remember who I married in that save. Even though I just kissed them earlier that morning. Seriously, my short term memory buffer is like 13 bytes.

VampireCake

Rancher
- I always ride the horse home, instead of teleporting and finding he's wandered back by morning.

- If I'm on a Skull Cave dive and have too many things for my inventory, I still pick up anything that's loose on the ground and pop it in the inventory trash bin, even if it's worth nothing - I don't need the money, I just feel like I'm being untidy. :laugh:

- Speaking of cave diving, I always pick up & keep the torches. I'm half-seriously trying to find out how long it'll take to fill an entire chest.

- I get one cup of coffee per day from the merchant at the Night Market, for luck.

- I collect the 'generic' versions of jelly, wine, pickles, juice, honey, and the various crop flowers that pop up at the caravan.

- I always go for the fruit bat option for the cave because it's the only way to get silver and gold quality salmonberries. (edit: and I always say thankyou to the bats)

- I replant a full set of fruit trees in the greenhouse every 4 years so it can cycle through every quality option (back when placing anything in the 8 tiles around a fruit tree stopped the quality improving, I kept one of each grade for each tree.)

- Same names for animals in each game.

...that was more than I expected now I've thought about it. :laugh:

Potatoes

Farmer
I put water in the bowl everyday for my dog / cat.
I always bring Sandy a flower if I'm going to the desert.
I always check what the traveling merchant is selling even if I don't need anything.
I love foraging as many berries as I can when they're in season.
And perhaps most importantly, I always say "whump" when I hear the whumping sound in the rain.

Lew Zealand

Helper
Does the spouse get jealous if you dance with someone not them? I've never done it...
I remembered it was Abby just as I was talking to Haley. Because I was just in my Beachy Keen (Haley) save to do a boatload of Tailoring as I have the Sewing Machine in that save.

I haven't made the mistake yet but it will happen. I rather dread to see how that will come out.

• I always horse ride home too (I like doing the zoomies).
  • Can’t leave the house without kissing my spouse (and a kiss again at least once later if they’re still awake lol, excellent way to start/end the day in real life too, so it fits).
  • Can’t resist digging in the sand on the beach a little most times I’m there.
  • I spend at least one day per week foraging on horseback when I don’t really need to (more zoomies).
  • Berries too when in season like Potatoes said, there’s just something satisfying about these, I think it’s the quantity received, feels decadent somehow.
  • I usually also hit the artifact spots most times like Lew too, though always in winter since they’re easiest to spot.
  • I always check into Marnie’s despite not needing anything, I think it is habit from early days of play before I got used to her unorthodox schedule. Though in the last few games I’ve been making myself stop checking in lol

Lenora Rose

Farmer
I also kiss (and gift) my spouse every day. I find I feel weirdly guilty the times I wake up on Ginger Island and can't, even when it was the *plan*, and now that I have the obelisk I usually teleport home if I have enough time before bed.

I have danced with someone other than a spouse in this run but it doesn't count... Modded game with multiple Spouses, so the people I dance with are a girlfriend or boyfriend, and both my spouses (Seb, Abby) have "ugh, I don't like dancing" dialogue so I feel like it would be imposing on them. When I did monogamous runs I stuck with my spouse.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
I don't usually do many thingss like this but I can think of two that I think no one has metioned.
1. I alwasy run somewhere, nearly get there then remember I own a horse, summon it, then use it for 5-10 tiles.
2. I am alwasy spammign my hammer in the rain and when the leaves fall from the sky as the visual glitch that occurs fascinates me way too much.

Rebel60

Tiller
I put water in the bowl everyday for my dog / cat.
I always bring Sandy a flower if I'm going to the desert.
I always check what the traveling merchant is selling even if I don't need anything.
I love foraging as many berries as I can when they're in season.
And perhaps most importantly, I always say "whump" when I hear the whumping sound in the rain.
I put water in the bowl everyday for my dog / cat. I do as well,..............actually I thought this was a MUST,....I don't want to lose my pet!! Honestly, I thought this was a MANDATORY chore............