linus is best villager

Who was throwing rocks at his tent? Or vandalizing it so he has to scrub the paint off?
Let's get to the bottom of this mystery once and for all! Breaking down the NPCs by likelihood:

The "Definitely Nots": Gus (Obviously cares about Linus), George and Evelyn (Obvious reasons that don't bear elaboration), Birdie, Bouncer, Governor, Grandpa, Professor Snail, Leo, Kent, Sandy, Henchman (No opportunity), the Wizard (friends with Linus).

The "Probably Nots": Mr. Qi (doesn't live nearby to say the least but has mysterious power so not impossible), Elliott and Willy (lives halfway across the world and they have compatible philosophical viewpoints to Linus), Emily (she's all about folks being accepting of others), Harvey (He's the town doctor and all about watching out for the community), Haley (the idea of her interrupting her beauty sleep and picking up a rock is laughable)

The "Unlikely Suspects": Jodi, Marnie, Leah, Clint, Gunther, (No real reason to suspect them and they're far away, but no reason other than distance to rule them out either), Krobus (we know he occasionally sneaks around in the dark but doing things to draw attention seems unlikely), Penny, Caroline (They're close and have some opportunity, and both have a degree of home strife, but I just personally don't see it based on personality, might be underestimating them though)

The "Maybes": Lewis (Linus isn't exactly a selling point for the town and doesn't pay taxes, Lewis barely ever acknowledges him. Clearly they're not friends), Shane and Morris (they're both jerks, and thus it wouldn't be out of character), Pam (she drinks a lot, could do it while intoxicated), Sam and Vincent (home troubles could lead them to act out but they're far away) Jas (similar but she's even further away), Alex (he's an athlete so throwing rocks is in character and says and does nothing to rule it out), Pierre (might have a beef with Linus because he doesn't shop at his store)

The "Likely Suspects": Sebastian, Robin, Demetrius, Gil, Marlon (they definitely have opportunity and could have some beef, legitimate or not, with Linus that they just don't talk about with you, and Robin certainly has ready access to stone), Maru (the same but for her it might not even be deliberate, could be the results of experiments gone awry), Abigail (she goes to the mines and fancies herself an adventurer, might have tried to 'practice' on Linus)

My "Best Guess": I actually think it's not a human doing it. The most likely to me is the Dwarf. We know from the cutscene with Krobus he has militaristic tendancies and gets around. We know he neither understands nor respects human values, including but not limited to personal property. He's incredibly close by, and is naturally suspicious of others.

The "Unexpected Plot Twist": Linus. Could be making it up, could be sabotaging his own tent, who knows? He could have dreamt it, he could be crazy, lots of explanations don't necessarily involve his tent being targeted and sabotaged by someone else. After all he says how he wouldn't be welcome at a lot of things but literally no one has a bad word to say about him or indicates his presence is ever unwelcome. Not saying it's likely, but it's certainly possible.

MissDandy

Farmer
You do know what cheese is, right?
I suppose it depends on to which cheese you are referring.

Let's get to the bottom of this mystery once and for all! Breaking down the NPCs by likelihood:
I think this is fairly accurate and wonderfully done. My mind agrees and thinks it's the Dwarf. My mind wants to believe it's Linus and that it's all a lie.

My heart wants to suspect thought that your evaluation of Evelyn and George is premature, and that maybe the his wheelchair and her feeble personality are just a cover, all so that they can go throw rocks at an old man's tent and not be suspected. It's the perfect crime.

Let's get to the bottom of this mystery once and for all!

The "Unexpected Plot Twist": Linus. Could be making it up, could be sabotaging his own tent, who knows? He could have dreamt it, he could be crazy, lots of explanations don't necessarily involve his tent being targeted and sabotaged by someone else. After all he says how he wouldn't be welcome at a lot of things but literally no one has a bad word to say about him or indicates his presence is ever unwelcome. Not saying it's likely, but it's certainly possible.
I know Sebastian gets the urge to throw vegetables at the mountain sometimes. And that dwarf is a scallywag. But the first time Linus told me he had been scrubbing his tent all morning, I knew it wasn't true. I had been fishing at the lake since 6:50. Linus came out of his tent around 9:30, headed up to the spa for a few hours, then stared out at the water all afternoon.

MissDandy

Farmer
I know Sebastian gets the urge to throw vegetables at the mountain sometimes. And that dwarf is a scallywag. But the first time Linus told me he had been scrubbing his tent all morning, I knew it wasn't true. I had been fishing at the lake since 6:50. Linus came out of his tent around 9:30, headed up to the spa for a few hours, then stared out at the water all afternoon.
So now we have sound reason to believe he's a liar. I think that the idea of him throwing rocks at his own tent is becoming more and more plausible. But every crime has a motive... thoughts guys? I want to hear your best theories.

Cuusardo

Farmer
I wish I could find out who was tormenting Linus so that I could go and have a little talk with them. It always makes me a little angry when he talks about that, and not a single person in town gives any clue or fesses up about it. I think it would make a great heart scene to have the farmer help the culprit(s) have a change of heart then to go to Linus to apologize and make amends.

LRangerR

Local Legend
It's the Parrots that somehow got here from the Island.

They obviously have no qualms about beating up innocent turtles, so this isn't out of character for them.

FairyRing

Farmer
Abigail (she goes to the mines and fancies herself an adventurer, might have tried to 'practice' on Linus)
I have to defend my girl and say she isn't mean spirited and I don't think target Linus specifically but I could see her maybe doing it caught up in an action adventure LAARP moment. So I'd say a maybe.

Maru (the same but for her it might not even be deliberate, could be the results of experiments gone awry),
I like this scenario because it's unintentional, no one is out to get Linus. Although Maru being polite would probably fess up and apologize to Linus.

My "Best Guess": I actually think it's not a human doing it. The most likely to me is the Dwarf. We know from the cutscene with Krobus he has militaristic tendancies and gets around. We know he neither understands nor respects human values, including but not limited to personal property. He's incredibly close by, and is naturally suspicious of others.
This one seems very likely because Dwarf doesn't have the same sense of personal property as the others. Maybe he is heckling Linus because he can't take anything of value to resell to us.

I don't like to say it but I could see Shane doing it in a jealous, angry, drunken stupor. "You get to live such a free life, in your lit tent and your free garbage meals! I can't stand you for it!" que heartfelt cut scene where Farmer makes things "right"

Last edited:

MissDandy

Farmer
wish I could find out who was tormenting Linus so that I could go and have a little talk with them.
But if I was him vandalizing his tent himself, it might be a bit of an awkward conversation.

*Puts hand on his shoulder* "Linus, we have to talk man. You gotta stop throwing rocks at your tent, the villagers are gonna find out what's going on here soon enough and then you'll have a real riot on your hands."