Legendary Fish & Chests

MissDandy

Farmer
I don't know if anyone else has had this but while I was trying to catch the Legendary Fish, treasure chests kept popping up and it made it really hard to focus on the task at hand without being distracted by them. I feel like the treasure chests make it hard to anticipate the actions of the fish when they're as difficult as the Legendary ones, and that's kinda important. I know that some fish are actually more difficult to catch than a few of the Legendary ones, but I feel like the difference is that there's a lot of variables determining the possibility of hooking a Legendary, as opposed to the variables on non-legendary fish. Would it be better if there was no chance of getting a treasure chest while trying to get the Legendary Fish?

I don't know if it depends on daily luck, but some Legendary Fishes were quite easy to catch. Some were not. But treasures didn't seem to have any effect.
You could try to use different Tackles. Also you could try different food/Buffs...
In general I don't think fishing Legendary Fishes needs a change. I could manage it each season to get the one I wanted (even if sometimes with many tries).

imnvs

Local Legend
Would it be better if there was no chance of getting a treasure chest while trying to get the Legendary Fish?
I don't think so. I mean, it's possible that catching the legendary fish without being distracted may still end up with you getting the treasure chest, and getting a treasure chest increases the experience you get from the catch when you make the catch. I'd hate for the chance to get bonus fishing experience on legendary fish went away.

As you already pointed out, also: yeah, more than one legendary fish is easier to catch than more than one non-legendary fish. I disagree that there are so many more factors involved, though. All you need to do is be in the right area in the right season, and in one case in the right weather (and thankfully that weather is one you can choose if you want it). They are all available literally all day. I mean, that means that all legendary fish are even easier to fit the requirements for than the pufferfish.
some Legendary Fishes were quite easy to catch. Some were not.
The difficulty on the two easiest (glacierfish and mutant carp) fish are lower than the hardest non-legendary, which can make a difference. What makes a bigger difference, though is the style of movement for the fish. Most legendary fish are "mixed" behavior, which means it can be any behavior and it can change... and the randomness involved could work to your favor by picking a behavior that is really predictable (like smooth or floater), and other times it'll screw you by switching back and forth between two more difficult behaviors (like dart and sinker).

I find it more distracting that you can put a legendary fish in a chest for three years and then pop it into a tank and it swims like nothing wrong even though you put it into a void of endless shadow with nothing but odd pieces of produce and minerals your keeping just in case.

I think I understand what you mean... "I'm gonna catch this fish, I'm gonna catch it this time (even though it is the 50th time)... wait, is that a chest... SQUIRREL!... ah heck... not again." 🤪

MissDandy

Farmer
I find it more distracting that you can put a legendary fish in a chest for three years and then pop it into a tank and it swims like nothing wrong even though you put it into a void of endless shadow with nothing but odd pieces of produce and minerals your keeping just in case.
Yeah that about sums up video game logic 😂
I think I understand what you mean... "I'm gonna catch this fish, I'm gonna catch it this time (even though it is the 50th time)... wait, is that a chest... SQUIRREL!... ah heck... not again." 🤪
YES and the number of time this happened while I was trying for the legendaries! It took me two full days before I caught the legend, partly because of this.

Pure magic!
Did you expect logic in a world with wizards, witches, bluish magician, dwarfs, night ghosts and mermaids? :laugh:

The chests are probably magic time freezing boxes where everything is conserved until you take it out again. Or something alike...