Windows Lagging and Crashing within 10 minutes

ToriTerror98

Greenhorn
hello, I was sent here from reddit since they could not help me with an issue.
My system is above system requirements, yet it keeps getting 1 fps and then crashing. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, restarting my computer, checking my graphics card, uninstalling games I don't play anymore, going into to the task manager and unchecking the cpu 0 box. I have tried everything I could think of, but it feels like the game is so unplayable in this state. I have been trying to figure this out for the past three days. My system can run genshin impact and honkai impact no problem, but when it comes to stardew valley, you'd think it would run like a breeze, but no. It lags when it's 5 minutes in and as soon as I enter a building, it crashes my entire game.

Why would a game like Stardew Valley run so poorly compared to Honkai and Genshin Impact? Why do I have no problem with these two games and stardew is the one that crashes? I have the memory. I have everything above requirements for the PC. So why?

Last edited:

UlyanaLeyana

Planter
hello, I was sent here from reddit since they could not help me with an issue.
My system is above system requirements, yet it keeps getting 1 fps and then crashing. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, restarting my computer, checking my graphics card, uninstalling games I don't play anymore, going into to the task manager and unchecking the cpu 0 box. I have tried everything I could think of, but it feels like the game is so unplayable in this state. I have been trying to figure this out for the past three days. My system can run genshin impact and honkai impact no problem, but when it comes to stardew valley, you'd think it would run like a breeze, but no. It lags when it's 5 minutes in and as soon as I enter a building, it crashes my entire game.

Why would a game like Stardew Valley run so poorly compared to Honkai and Genshin Impact? Why do I have no problem with these two games and stardew is the one that crashes? I have the memory. I have everything above requirements for the PC. So why?
Game lags or stutters in-game

UlyanaLeyana

Planter
this did not help, you've basically told me everything that I have already done and I don't run mods at all. so thanks for the little support you have given me, but it was not helpful in the slightest.
There are instructions not only for those who use mods, but also for those who do not use them at all.

You can try running the game in 32-bit compatibility mode and see how it goes.
On Steam: In your library, right-click Stardew Valley and select Properties... > Betas > then "compatibility" under the dropdown.
On GOG: From the game's page, click the settings icon > Manage installation > Configure... > then "compatibility" under the Beta channels dropdown.

BenjamAn

Newcomer
There are instructions not only for those who use mods, but also for those who do not use them at all.

You can try running the game in 32-bit compatibility mode and see how it goes.
On Steam: In your library, right-click Stardew Valley and select Properties... > Betas > then "compatibility" under the dropdown.
On GOG: From the game's page, click the settings icon > Manage installation > Configure... > then "compatibility" under the Beta channels dropdown.
I know im not the person that you were replying to on this post but oh my god thank you very much, my game used to take like 10 minutes to just open, it would freeze every time i interacted with the hub and it would crash every time i entered a world, now it doesnt, thank you very much