Kent getting better with having PTSD?

PinkLadyJade

Greenhorn
As a PTSD sufferer I can say it's actually pretty accurate for alot of guys. We will let you know when it's active but we are not in a society that talks about why it's activated. Even the farmer points the condemnation finger at Kent for trying to vocalize a flashback. That's pretty much how it goes.
It's kinda depressing to watch his PTSD issues without hope. I agree we need a segment that shows hope.
I have had ptsd but I also grew up with C-ptsd (complex post traumatic stress disorder). I agree that it doesn't completely go away but yes you can get better. It's a spectrum.
The spectrum for trauma related disorders includes PTSD at the initial .. then repeated trauma from childhood causes CPTSD and the brain forms differently. There is also eupd or borderline....but most commonly cptsd becomes dissociative identity disorder (multiple personality disorder) or a type of partial or otherwise specified dissociative disorder osdd 1a or osdd 1b. There are also people who only get depersonalization disorder or derealization disorder without the larger DID or OSDD.
It's a very interesting topic... but all of those listed disorders have hope.

Also did you know that the largest percentage of people with ptsd are abuse survivors?

PinkLadyJade

Greenhorn
Okay, first thing's first... PTSD is actually pretty complicated. It manifests in a lot of ways, mostly dependent on how the person was raised and the trauma that caused the condition. Often it is misdiagnosed, and it is misdiagnosed more often in women.

Now, as to the word "fix"... We've hashed out how that wasn't a good word choice, and we all now understand that this isn't something that goes away but something where the sufferer can learn to cope somewhat. Could we possibly move on now? I'm pretty sure that nobody is arguing that PTSD can be "fixed", or at the very least I don't think anyone still is arguing such.
I disagree.. please provide evidence that it is "misdiagnosed" in women.
Also, yes you can get better.
Its not a life sentence as the severety can go down greatly!

Also, PTSD is caused by war.. yes but it is also caused by car accidents or life threatening events as well as domestic abuse, spousal abuse and child abuse. Many different situations can cause the brain to react with a post traumatic stress disorder. Children growing up with repeated abuse and wives of abusive partners are high up in the statistics. Many statistical studies show them in the majority.

@PinkLadyJade honestly I think he is right but I might not be agreeing with the numbers. It seems like certain doctors will refuse to diagnose woman with PTSD, bipolar, or mania. Instead they look at the triggers that may be exacerbating the issue.

Example: Lady1 had a childhood trauma that was inflicted by a close family member. She now has flashbacks of this and depression associated with this trauma. Said family member is imprisoned and therefore the insurance associated with them is terminated. She now no longer can get therapy. X years later she has had several relationships that these flashbacks have caused issues with. She now can afford to get therapy. She has a child while waiting to be scheduled. The doctor labels the issue as post partum and prescribes prozac and buspar and says he doesn't think therapy is necessary. This issue carries through 4 additional doctors(the left or retired not second opinions) until she gets one that does a med check and ask the basic questions from the entrance screening and labels her as PTSD with depression.

Now this might be looked as of topic but it has a point. There is a possibility that Kent would be treated the same way. From what we understand he was a pow. Let's put this a traumatic incident. You see he had a battle buddy who didn't make it. Another trauma. So he gets released from the camp and is sent home. He refers to his arrival as making it back from overseas. Not that he was staying at a hospital or anything. He doesn't mention being discharged or still enlisted. He doesn't talk about anything. This makes me think he did not receive/accept treatment. Which is odd as part of the repatriation of a pow usually involves psyche checks. Stockholm syndrome is a real concern and it is possible that injured party may breakdown. In America we called ours operation homecoming (Vietnam war).

This leads me to a few possibilities
1. He lied about his health
2. The government denied his health claims
3. The government doesn't know he is back

imnvs

Local Legend
I disagree.. please provide evidence that it is "misdiagnosed" in women.
Also, yes you can get better.
Its not a life sentence as the severety can go down greatly!

Also, PTSD is caused by war.. yes but it is also caused by car accidents or life threatening events as well as domestic abuse, spousal abuse and child abuse. Many different situations can cause the brain to react with a post traumatic stress disorder. Children growing up with repeated abuse and wives of abusive partners are high up in the statistics. Many statistical studies show them in the majority.
You didn't pay attention to anything except one sentence I said, did you? ...or the discussion that followed?

It is often misdiagnosed (only 2-11% of those with PTSD have it listed on their chart) and less than half OF THOSE receive care for it. Also, a large percentage of women don't realize they have it so don't seek a diagnosis in the first place, and when they are diagnosed they are often misdiagnosed as being bipolar. My evidence? My source? The NIH.

And additionally, we've already had a stupid argument over what "better" means, because for some it means "improvement" and for others it means "cured"... and no, you will NEVER be cured. You will only learn increasingly better coping skills. Can we stop having this "better" argument now please... again?

Last edited:
((I prefer to bring peace to two nations.....I have strong opinions about war.....and politic.))
> I would love to know about the Gotoro Empire that threatened the Ferngill Republic.
> I am curious to know what causes war in the first place. What motivates Kent to join the army?
> I want to know his military friends, who were close to him. Maybe some of his military or colleague friends could visit at SV for once meanwhile. – I mean the ones who were probably alive.
> I would love to meet someone from Gotoro Empire and make friends with one of them. ---------getting a different side perspective about Kent and his enemies.

> I would love to know why he keeps making bombs and give gifts to me.
> I think Kent needs to experience some grievances. ------------If CA is not familiar with stages in griefs, I do not recommend writing about it. ------

Also, I am excited to see how his story progresses in the next update. Having more information about him and his entourage would do.

Last edited:
The bomb making would probably be to have a sense of normalcy. Now the reference I am going to make is not entirely due to PTSD but can show what I am meaning. In the film Full Metal Jacket when Pyle ahem exits the film. You can see him going through the motions of his training. Including formation riflework using the mantras put in him by his drill sergeant. Some people with mental trauma based illness attempt to preform actions before they became broken(best word I can think of) and in a way it can help numb the feeling of loss of self.

So odds are Kent was in charge of demolition charges and was working a depot..... assembling components for use

About bomb-making.I presume he was working in the military equipment storage.
– maybe there are some interesting clues to explore outside of SV.

In the game, I was happy to give a military photo to Kent.
When you give an undesire gift to Kent..... He gave us really interesting information about his experience in prison in Gotoro Empire.
Evetime when you give new items to Kent, you will get new information about the war.

So, I hope we will get more in the next update. My curiosity is piqued....

Last edited:
Here's my holistic approach on how to help Kent.

1) Here's my suggestion... I would love to see other NPC to support Kent.

e.g.:
Government Support
- Lewis, as a mayor, should recognize Kent's military service. ((Yes, it is about government support... It can be genuine or ungenuine. ))
- Have a veteran's day. Kent could visit the graveyard with his wife just like he went to Yoba's temple.

Coping with PTSD
- Emily could teach Kent to practice meditation or another relaxation method. – as a way to cope with his PTSD.
- Make Harvey gives helpful advice to Kent. Dr. Harvey claims he is a holistic doctor.
- Linus could teach him how to enjoy nature and peace. –another method to cope with his PTSD

Friends:
- I guess Kent needs to make friends with Clint, Willy, Gus, Lewis, Harvey, and Demetrius at the bar.
- Or maybe Kent should make friends with Marlon, Gil, and George. I have a sense that they will most likely understand each other more. –Assuming that these men have PTSD from slaying monsters and mining. Having friends with similar situations could help a lot.

Family:
- If you want to be friends with Sam and Vincent, encourage them to spend time with his father. In the end, both of them could appreciate their father's heroic contribution and be more aware of his mental health condition.
- Also, make Jodi falls in love with Kent again. Give her the reason why she married him in the first place. – Also, Kent should appreciate her as a hard-working housewife.

2) To progress Kent's story, I suggest collecting more clues about the Gotoro Empire, the Ferngill Republic, the military, and outside of SV.
Also, it is reasonable for the farmer to continue helping Kent to remember his friends.
The best way for the farmer to help Kent is to bring the items he asks for. Or he could receive items he never expected to have, similar to the one we did at the pirate wife's challenge.
–star fruit and his friend's military photo.

Additionally, I noticed he felt guilty about being alive; I am sure it wasn't his fault... Why not find essential pieces of evidence to prove how his friends died in the middle of the battlefield. ((~if this is too much, let me know :sweat:...))

Farmers are not counselors or mental health therapists. Instead, the farmers should stay supportive of Kent in the gameplay.
Let Dr. Harvey recommends meeting a therapist at Zuzu city instead. ~ let the professionals handle this.

Last edited:
Also, I appreciate the book from the library, it is called “Is War With The Gotoro Empire Necessary? A Unique Perspective" by P.W.Kranzhauer.

Why not have another book called: "How to support a soldier with PTSD ?" by an unknown Zuzu city therapist.

Last edited: