Solved Just bought the game but it doesn't work (Fixed)

Hsk

Greenhorn
Update!
After a week of trying almost every solution on the internet to get my game to work i finaly reinstalled my OS and that did the trick. Now my game works fine both with and without mods!
(And this gave me a reason to clean my computer from a LOT of old files and programs that i don't use anymore which made my computer run as smooth as butter again)
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Original post:

I just bought and downloaded the game to my pc (windows). When i press play it looks like it is trying to open the game but then turns back to the "play" button and nothing happens.
My plan was to play modded SDV since i already have the game on my switch and played a vanilla playthrough there.
I feel like i have tried everything that the other threads on this forum have suggested and i don't know what i should do.

I have tried:
* Uninstalling and installing the game again
* Uppdated the drivers on the computer
* Downloaded the xna framework and .net 5
* Deleted the startup preferences
* Verifying my gamefiles in Steam
* Tried to run the game as admin
* I downladed SMAPI and tried to run it and i got this error log:

[SMAPI] SMAPI 3.13.4 with Stardew Valley 1.5.6 (build 22018) on Microsoft Windows 10 Home
[SMAPI] Mods go here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods
[SMAPI] Waiting for game to launch...
Fatal error. System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Input.GamePad.AddDevice(Int32)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Input.Joystick.AddDevice(Int32)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.SdlGamePlatform.SdlRunLoop()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.SdlGamePlatform.BeforeInitialize()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DoInitialize()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run(Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameRunBehavior)
at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SCore.RunInteractively()
at StardewModdingAPI.Program.Start(System.String[])
at StardewModdingAPI.Program.Main(System.String[])

I have not seen this error message on this forum and i don't know how to fix it.

Last edited:

Hsk

Greenhorn
Can you provide an error log? You can generate one at https://smapi.io/log, there are instructions on that page. Having a log will make it easier to resolve your issue!

There was no SMAPI-crash.txt file so this is the SMAPI-latest.txt. file. There is not much information on the log but i hope it will help:
SMAPI log parser - SMAPI.io
I might add that i can play the compatibility verition but since i plan to play modded i have to get the normal verition working