IMNVS. RUNVS? AMA... VS?

1FlyCat

Planter
Are retro games like Final Fantasy, Chrono Trigger or Secret of Mana what drew you to Stardew Valley in the first place and have you played it's predecessor Harvest Moon?

imnvs

Local Legend
I don't think it was any of that, actually. A friend of the wife told her that she may like it and bought it for her as a present for her birthday. She got me to try it, and then I bought my own copy. I never really thought of it as similar to Final Fantasy or the Chrono games, and I never played Secret of Mana or Harvest Moon.

LRangerR

Local Legend
Are retro games like Final Fantasy, Chrono Trigger or Secret of Mana what drew you to Stardew Valley in the first place and have you played it's predecessor Harvest Moon?
None of those are farming games, lol (aside from HM obv). Do you have any retro games that you like as well?

1FlyCat

Planter
Do you have any retro games that you like as well?
Are you asking me or imnvs? If it's intended for me, the list is long, but I would say all of the titles I listed above and to name a few:
  • Phantasy Star
  • Soulblazer
  • Shining in the Darkness
  • Lunar
How about you? I saw somewhere that you are a fan of Super Mario RPG.

Fair. I don't see the connection personally, but I won't say that others can't.
This article explains it well:

Last edited:

LRangerR

Local Legend
Are you asking me or imnvs? If it's intended for me, the list is long, but I would say all of the titles I listed above and to name a few:
  • Phantasy Star
  • Soulblazer
  • Shining in the Darkness
  • Lunar
How about you? I saw somewhere that you are a fan Super Mario RPG.

This article explains it well:
Yeah Super Mario RPG is a fun little game. It's actually pretty surprising how well it's aged too. I've been playing the deuce out of Zelda games lately, and imnvs knows that I'm a Final Fantasy fan as well. I really like Ocarina of Time, but Majora's Mask is easily my least favorite Zelda game. I know some people like it but I didn't like it on many different levels, from story to certain game mechanics as well as the overall design.

I still play Nethack. Does that count?
xD
It does. I didn't think people still remembered that game.

1FlyCat

Planter
Yeah Super Mario RPG is a fun little game. It's actually pretty surprising how well it's aged too. I've been playing the deuce out of Zelda games lately, and imnvs knows that I'm a Final Fantasy fan as well. I really like Ocarina of Time, but Majora's Mask is easily my least favorite Zelda game. I know some people like it but I didn't like it on many different levels, from story to certain game mechanics as well as the overall design.
The music for Super Mario RPG is great. How could I forget Zelda? Ocarina of Time is a great game. And Final Fantasy is iconic.

Lunar! I have both of them in the re-released for Playstation collector's edition boxed sets. They're the pride and joy of my PS1 game collection, next to Diablo.
Very cool! A fellow Lunar fan. They did a great job on the re-released versions. Diablo is a classic too.

Last edited:
Do you enjoy your title as "Professor Imnvs?"

How often do you play Stardew Valley, even now? Do you feel you have experienced every bit the game has to offer?

imnvs

Local Legend
Do you enjoy your title as "Professor Imnvs?"
Well, "Professor" isn't quite so ostentatious as "The High Vizier and Magistrate of Truth", so I think I'll stick with it. 😉😘
How often do you play Stardew Valley, even now? Do you feel you have experienced every bit the game has to offer?
I will sometimes go a day or three without, but usually I'm playing at least a day or two on the daily. Either before or after work I'll play a day or so, and some days I'll do both. Weekends... well, that all depends on what I've got going on, but again, I'll usually play at least a day or so, and weekends without much else going on I'll play a MP save with @Cuusardo often enough and we'll try to get a few days to a week hammered out at a time.

As for everything the game has to offer... no. I know there's a lot of hidden things I have left to suss out. Decorations that can only be got in certain obscure ways, I know I haven't got all of them. I haven't played out all heart events with all the marriage candidates. I mean, I have attained perfection once now, and that takes a lot of work... but I don't know if I'm going to stress over that so much on most of my other saves, and instead worry about all the other story stuff I haven't seen yet.

Last edited:

imnvs

Local Legend
So I work overnights, and this happened as I was leaving work this morning...

Coworker: I'm not going to be in tomorrow. Religious holiday.

Me: Oh, are you Muslim?

Her: Yep, born and raised. I am a practicing Muslim.

Me: Oh... well... lemme know when you get good at it. 😉😁