Riverland Farm I wanted to show you my Winery with ~1700 kegs, Riverland Farm Y44 no mods. Today i collect processed Starfruit Wine

Lew Zealand

Helper
So you're married to Emily, the very person who destroys a nice Desert Min/Max setup when she visits Sandy for her Birthday and encourages her to have a nice deserty stroll. Do you trap Emily at home asking her to make 23 matching outfits for you? Get Pam drunk on the way to the Bus Stop so she falls asleep? Tell Emily you're totally gonna buy out Sandy's stock that day so she needs to stay open? Cross off Fall 15 on the Calendar and say "oops, we missed it! But we'll make it up at the Spirit's Eve Festival in 2 weeks?"

So you're married to Emily, the very person who destroys a nice Desert Min/Max setup when she visits Sandy for her Birthday and encourages her to have a nice deserty stroll. Do you trap Emily at home asking her to make 23 matching outfits for you? Get Pam drunk on the way to the Bus Stop so she falls asleep? Tell Emily you're totally gonna buy out Sandy's stock that day so she needs to stay open? Cross off Fall 15 on the Calendar and say "oops, we missed it! But we'll make it up at the Spirit's Eve Festival in 2 weeks?"
what the hell? you confront me with details i never heard of! i have to review everything you said because it's totally new for me. at first: i married emily because of this stupid wannabe mexican outfit (before it was abigail for like over 40 years) and about sandy: i bought "chests" of starfruit seeds from her

Lew Zealand

Helper
what the hell? you confront me with details i never heard of! i have to review everything you said because it's totally new for me. at first: i married emily because of this stupid wannabe mexican outfit (before it was abigail for like over 40 years) and about sandy: i bought "chests" of starfruit seeds from her
On Fall 15 (Sandy's Birthday), Emily will visit Sandy at the Desert and they will take a walk to various places on the Desert Map and will destroy anything in their path. I'll try to find a safe placement map for you.

Edit, Here it is:

On Fall 15 (Sandy's Birthday), Emily will visit Sandy at the Desert and they will take a walk to various places on the Desert Map and will destroy anything in their path. I'll try to find a safe placement map for you.

Edit, Here it is:
ah ok. but i considered all these npc paths. also in the mountains

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
ah ok. but i considered all these npc paths. also in the mountains
You can also block any npc from breaking stuff by placing furniture like a chair or trash can wherever they enter a new area or stop walking. This makes them pause then start running (like if the player blocks them for a while).

Then you can place stuff wherever like in the image I added to this message. I used trash cans to block the paths of Emily and Sandy so I didn’t need to care about where they walked in the desert.

Attachments

Lew Zealand

Helper
You can also block any npc from breaking stuff by placing furniture like a chair or trash can wherever they enter a new area or stop walking. This makes them pause then start running (like if the player blocks them for a while).
So the running animation is handled differently by the game and the NPCs don't destroy things? I never knew that and it's a huge help for avoiding NPC pathing.

Then you can place stuff wherever like in the image I added to this message. I used trash cans to block the paths of Emily and Sandy so I didn’t need to care about where they walked in the desert.
Such a great idea!

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
So the running animation is handled differently by the game and the NPCs don't destroy things? I never knew that and it's a huge help for avoiding NPC pathing.

Such a great idea!
Yep! When the npcs are running they basically just speedily run through everything in their path and ignore anything in their way, walking straight through(!) Machines.

And basically any furniture will trigger this, I use stuff like trash cans because they are easy to see.

Yep! When the npcs are running they basically just speedily run through everything in their path and ignore anything in their way, walking straight through(!) Machines.

And basically any furniture will trigger this, I use stuff like trash cans because they are easy to see.
What surprised me is that it looks like you put the trashcans where they stop/stand. I would have thought I needed to place them below/above them so they have to walk into them. I never fill an area with machines, but this does open up more stash or fishery areas!

Are the spots with a different pathing from the main marking anything or are they decorative?

hey thanks for the advice! it also looks more tidy, or more organized! so it means they don't go further than the trash can and stop walking there/stay behind the trash can?
and is there a map for these "stop points" like the one from wickedy? would make a lot of places more organized!

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
What surprised me is that it looks like you put the trashcans where they stop/stand. I would have thought I needed to place them below/above them so they have to walk into them. I never fill an area with machines, but this does open up more stash or fishery areas!

Are the spots with a different pathing from the main marking anything or are they decorative?
So it turns out they’ll get stopped if the stuff is inside their body too. And the different paths are for location where I can’t place a machine no matter what but I don’t have to necessarily put a piece of furniture.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
hey thanks for the advice! it also looks more tidy, or more organized! so it means they don't go further than the trash can and stop walking there/stay behind the trash can?
and is there a map for these "stop points" like the one from wickedy? would make a lot of places more organized!
The trash cans are locations where they walk up to. Then stop for a bit. You have to have quite a few as every time the npc stops. They also stop running so you need to restart it each time.

The trash cans are locations where they walk up to. Then stop for a bit. You have to have quite a few as every time the npc stops. They also stop running so you need to restart it each time.
ok...i'll figure that out by trying your design and see what happens. still don't understand 100% of the concept but i'll see it. as far as i understand is that the npc's just stop there where the trash can is, just like putting objects in front of their homes so they won't get out. if there's an award for "most helpful farmer" with "incredible knowledge" let me know, i'll vote for you <3 have a relaxing sunday and thx a lot sir

you can use these maps to avoid npc's destroying your work: https://wickedychickady.com/path/
I meant if you wanted to avoid Sandy and Emily destroying your machines. In addition to the trashcan trick Gorilla showed you, you can also just sleep through the day to avoid the destruction. Thank you for the link, though. Wickedy Chickedy has the best villager pathing maps!