Riverland Farm I wanted to show you my design of "The Beach" before i reorganize it

Lew Zealand

Helper
I hope you at least married Elliott to give him something better to look at.

Wait. I've seen your farm, never mind. OK, there's that spot on the far southeast with a decent view to the East and frankly the Docks at the West are sitting above the Crab Pots so there's probably a reasonable view there. But bring a clothespin for your nose.

I wonder what Leah paints where she visits the tidepools? Probably some angular, modernist dystopia crawling with articulated giant dark blue monoliths, each corrupted by a light blue brain in different stages of clawing its way out the top while the monoliths desperately try in vain to jam them back down inside. Around the painting's edges clamor smaller, low-slung, mechanical yet reptilian horrors, their gigantic red heads dominated by soulless vertical gray teeth imprisoning various nearly-extinct tidal lifeforms covered in thick, bubbling, oily layers of detritus left over from a long-dead society.

Title: A Century's Perspective After The Gotoros Won

Last edited:
I have to commend your commmitment here. I would never check that many crabpots or crystalariums every day/week.

I had no idea you could put flooring down on the docks. I'll have to check if that works on the dock in the riverland farm. ^_^

I also had no idea that area to the right of Elliot's cabin was free to use or that the river there was such a great place for crabpots! I was debating turning Eliot's cabin into a little fishing hub (don't worry, my farmer married him so he's in the farmhouse with his own writing desk & mini library anyway) but I'll just use that area instead. ^_^ Thanks for the inspiration!

I hope you at least married Elliott to give him something better to look at.

Wait. I've seen your farm, never mind. OK, there's that spot on the far southeast with a decent view to the East and frankly the Docks at the West are sitting above the Crab Pots so there's probably a reasonable view there. But bring a clothespin for your nose.

I wonder what Leah paints where she visits the tidepools? Probably some angular, modernist dystopia crawling with articulated giant dark blue monoliths, each corrupted by a light blue brain in different stages of clawing its way out the top while the monoliths desperately try in vain to jam them back down inside. Around the painting's edges clamor smaller, low-slung, mechanical yet reptilian horrors, their gigantic red heads dominated by soulless vertical gray teeth imprisoning various nearly-extinct tidal lifeforms covered in thick, bubbling, oily layers of detritus left over from a long-dead society.

Title: A Century's Perspective After The Gotoros Won
😲 omg i have a lot to translate before i'll be able to understand everything you were writing...all i can say is that i feel very guilty right now 😃 but that's why i'm about to build back a lot for good, i'll design some kind of mixture of "beach where npc's can go to relax" and some parts where there will be machines and crabpots too. i hope i'll create a good compromise! and THANKS a lot for ur detailed comment :heart:, like i said i understand only parts of the description from the painting from leah, but the clothespin really brought a big smile to my face 😆, very creative!!!

that's my current progress https://forums.stardewvalley.net/threads/this-is-so-far-my-new-design-for-the-beach-tidepools.30321/

Last edited:
I have to commend your commmitment here. I would never check that many crabpots or crystalariums every day/week.

I had no idea you could put flooring down on the docks. I'll have to check if that works on the dock in the riverland farm. ^_^

I also had no idea that area to the right of Elliot's cabin was free to use or that the river there was such a great place for crabpots! I was debating turning Eliot's cabin into a little fishing hub (don't worry, my farmer married him so he's in the farmhouse with his own writing desk & mini library anyway) but I'll just use that area instead. ^_^ Thanks for the inspiration!
over time i totally lost my ambition to take care of these pots, that's why i want to rebuild a lot of this area, because i simply don't need it and to be honest to me it also looks ugly now. to the right side of elliots cabin (the tidepools) : i don't know if you play 1.5, but here's the map from the npc paths were you can put things. and thanks for ur nice comment 🤝:heart:
Ocean-1024x492.png

that's my current progress: https://forums.stardewvalley.net/threads/this-is-so-far-my-new-design-for-the-beach-tidepools.30321/

Last edited:

here are the maps for the update, but pls read it first i don't know if it's complete! https://wckdy.com/stardew-valley-villager-paths/

Looks good, nice use of the right side too, the tidepools are always a pain to work around
thanks a lot! 🤝 😃 now it's time to create something more "humane", i only have problems with the new npc's paths because i also want to make it fit for the new update. when i'm correct there are a few changes in these paths, especially pelican town. and correct me if i'm wrong, but villagers wouldn't go on placed tiles/flooring? so what does that mean? do they change their paths and destroy everything on their new ways?

that's my current progress https://forums.stardewvalley.net/threads/this-is-so-far-my-new-design-for-the-beach-tidepools.30321/

Last edited:
here are the maps for the update, but pls read it first i don't know if it's complete! https://wckdy.com/stardew-valley-villager-paths/
WickedyChickedy has the best maps! I didn't know there were 1.6 versions out already. ^_^ Thanks!

over time i totally lost my ambition to take care of these pots, that's why i want to rebuild a lot of this area, because i simply don't need it and to be honest to me it also looks ugly now. to the right side of elliots cabin (the tidepools) : i don't know if you play 1.5, but here's the map from the npc paths were you can put things. and thanks for ur nice comment 🤝:heart:View attachment 23500
I would imagine something like this would require frequent effort/reward re-evaluations. Early game, would the cost of building all those crabpots & crystalariums be worth the reward? Late game, would the effort of emptying them all be worth the reward when you're probably good on gold?

Although, something at this scale is more a project of passion. As long as you had fun with it and have fun with whatever you decide to do with it next, that's all that matters! ^_^ I know I always enjoy designing and building my farms more than anything else in the game. That's probably why most of my farms stop at year 3 or 4.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
thanks a lot! 🤝 😃 now it's time to create something more "humane", i only have problems with the new npc's paths because i also want to make it fit for the new update. when i'm correct there are a few changes in these paths, especially pelican town. and correct me if i'm wrong, but villagers wouldn't go on placed tiles/flooring? so what does that mean? do they change their paths and destroy everything on their new ways?
The villagers do walk on any path or flooring, they just won't destroy them, they won't change their pathing at all.

Also do share the new paths on the beach with me once you find them, I would like to see it.

Shart

Planter
The villagers do walk on any path or flooring, they just won't destroy them, they won't change their pathing at all.

Also do share the new paths on the beach with me once you find them, I would like to see it.
I'm like 90% sure adding floors makes the npc pathing to change. In my latest save file, Pam's pathing at the bus stop somehow changed the day after I added floors in the bus stop. It could be something else, but the timing is too much of coincidence for me not to conclude that the new floors changed her pathing.

I'm like 90% sure adding floors makes the npc pathing to change. In my latest save file, Pam's pathing at the bus stop somehow changed the day after I added floors in the bus stop. It could be something else, but the timing is too much of coincidence for me not to conclude that the new floors changed her pathing.
According to that WickedyChickedy post Ferris Bueller linked me to earlier, it does now. I have no idea how the npcs will get to the bus stop in my New Raccoon save, since I practically covered the area in pathing to make it nice for everybody. And there's no way for Evelyn and George to leave their house if they won't walk on pathing (I was trying to help them get around by making convenient paths going everywhere). Hopefully that's a bug that gets patched out later. 🤞

^Also, tried this and it works! Look how nice my little farm pier is now! Thanks for the great idea!
Drake_5-16-2024_80719709.png

Last edited:

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
That is quite an oddity, I'd be fascinated in seeing what they do on a map such as my own, covered entirely in paths

i red that on the page from wickedy, seems it's true! thanks!

According to that WickedyChickedy post Ferris Bueller linked me to earlier, it does now. I have no idea how the npcs will get to the bus stop in my New Raccoon save, since I practically covered the area in pathing to make it nice for everybody. And there's no way for Evelyn and George to leave their house if they won't walk on pathing (I was trying to help them get around by making convenient paths going everywhere). Hopefully that's a bug that gets patched out later. 🤞

^Also, tried this and it works! Look how nice my little farm pier is now! Thanks for the great idea!
View attachment 23514
you're welcome! looks nice! 👍

on the page from wickedy, i don't know why but i can't save the maps on my disk so here's the link: https://wckdy.com/stardew-valley-villager-paths/
there are only some minor changes, but there are some...
and this was his text about flooring. of course i don't know if i understood everything right what he's writing: (quote)

And you want to know what happened? Haha! I broke my save file. The original farm I used for this somehow got a bit messed up with some rouge mod used that wasn’t fully updated to the current Stardew version, and the villagers went out of their way to destroy everything for some reason. So, I had to a whole new file, and went through the whole process again, which is why this took a few weeks longer than planned.

Actually, what happened was something that was added in the game as of 1.6. Villagers will opt to avoid any space that has something that’s classified as “TerrainFeatures” such as the new trees, and unfortunately, paths are currently under that classification. If you keep placing down flooring, below are the maps your going to end up with. It’s a bug I think maybe, and fairly frustrating for decorators. Hopefully it will change after a bug report, but I’m not sure, as it isn’t technically a bug, just a changed behavior. (end of quote)

so what's your opinion on that? what does that mean?

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
on the page from wickedy, i don't know why but i can't save the maps on my disk so here's the link: https://wckdy.com/stardew-valley-villager-paths/
there are only some minor changes, but there are some...
and this was his text about flooring. of course i don't know if i understood everything right what he's writing: (quote)

And you want to know what happened? Haha! I broke my save file. The original farm I used for this somehow got a bit messed up with some rouge mod used that wasn’t fully updated to the current Stardew version, and the villagers went out of their way to destroy everything for some reason. So, I had to a whole new file, and went through the whole process again, which is why this took a few weeks longer than planned.

Actually, what happened was something that was added in the game as of 1.6. Villagers will opt to avoid any space that has something that’s classified as “TerrainFeatures” such as the new trees, and unfortunately, paths are currently under that classification. If you keep placing down flooring, below are the maps your going to end up with. It’s a bug I think maybe, and fairly frustrating for decorators. Hopefully it will change after a bug report, but I’m not sure, as it isn’t technically a bug, just a changed behavior. (end of quote)

so what's your opinion on that? what does that mean?
Huh, you know, that may be part of why debris can spawn atop of paths, it’s another similar bug in 1.6 that’s been really annoying me, I hope it (or both if they aren’t related) get patched asap

Shart

Planter
Huh, you know, that may be part of why debris can spawn atop of paths, it’s another similar bug in 1.6 that’s been really annoying me, I hope it (or both if they aren’t related) get patched asap
I think the pathing change was mainly due to green rain. I'm guessing CA changed the npc pathing to avoid any TerrainFeatures but not machines/furnitures.

I don't think that debris on the path is a bug. I think it's just how CA wants it to behave. I'm quite certain that back in 1.4, the debris would destroy the floors (and machines) instead of just spawning on top of the floor. It was only in 1.5 that somehow the floors could prevent any debris from spawning. In 1.6 he just wants it to be like this (debris on floor or debris destroys machines).

Just my 2 cents.