i updated my house and i can't find my dresser.

chaskuchar

Sodbuster
fortunately i had not put anything in it yet. i just bought it from the pig lady. thanks for all the info on this forum. it really helps me.

MogBeoulve

Farmer
Scout around; when I upgraded my house, my dresser got shoved into a corner in a distant room. I am pretty sure the game just moves things around and doesn't actually delete your furniture items. They might not be where you left them, but in my experience, they are not gone.

nicodeux

Farmer
What MogBeoulve said.
It happened to me several times that my dresser was moved to the upper floor, left room after doing the 2nd house upgrade (the one that adds the nursery). I agree that might be disturbing the first time this happens.

chaskuchar

Sodbuster
still haven't found it. i did the upgrade to add the upper left room for my furnaces and chests. i do have the lower room next to my bedroom. i was trying to find out how much it would cost and it added it without charging me. then the dresser was gone.

Elenna101

Farmer
still haven't found it. i did the upgrade to add the upper left room for my furnaces and chests. i do have the lower room next to my bedroom. i was trying to find out how much it would cost and it added it without charging me. then the dresser was gone.
Not sure about your dresser, but those upgrades are free. And as far as I know they should just add new stuff, not move stuff around like the paid upgrades sometimes do. Maybe the dresser vanishing was unrelated?

Sockpuppet

Sodbuster
Just an interesting side note, I had Krobus as a roommate and I decorated his dungeon room with the skeleton statue, sloth skeleton, and the standing geode. Then after getting the stardrop I kicked him out but forgot to remove the items from his room before I did. When his room was removed from the house I found a free wooden chest with the items inside except for the skeleton statue which was now floating out of bounds and remained that way every day afterwards throughout the entire playthrough just taunting me. :skull:

Elenna101

Farmer
Just an interesting side note, I had Krobus as a roommate and I decorated his dungeon room with the skeleton statue, sloth skeleton, and the standing geode. Then after getting the stardrop I kicked him out but forgot to remove the items from his room before I did. When his room was removed from the house I found a free wooden chest with the items inside except for the skeleton statue which was now floating out of bounds and remained that way every day afterwards throughout the entire playthrough just taunting me. :skull:
You can get the skeleton statue back. I'm tempted to not tell you how as karma for kicking poor Krobus out. :P

Okay but actually - get a dagger (or a sword if you don't have one), and stand just inside the doorway of your house, facing outwards, as if you were about to exit the house. Then repeatedly swing the dagger. (The sword also works fine, it just swings slower.) Every time you swing the dagger, your character moves a tiny little bit forwards, but this movement doesn't trigger the hitbox for exiting the house. If you keep doing this for long enough, you'll eventually move all the way forwards into the black void outside your house. Once you get far enough that you're past the "exiting the house" hitbox, you can just run around in the void as much as you like and go get that statue.
I don't quite recall how you get back in the house. You might be able to walk through the door and get spat out outside your house, or you might have to do the same dagger trick in reverse. At worst, just pass out in the void and you'll wake up back in your bed.

Quirinea

Farmer
Served you right!

nicodeux

Farmer
You can get the skeleton statue back. I'm tempted to not tell you how as karma for kicking poor Krobus out. :P

Okay but actually - get a dagger (or a sword if you don't have one), and stand just inside the doorway of your house, facing outwards, as if you were about to exit the house. Then repeatedly swing the dagger. (The sword also works fine, it just swings slower.) Every time you swing the dagger, your character moves a tiny little bit forwards, but this movement doesn't trigger the hitbox for exiting the house. If you keep doing this for long enough, you'll eventually move all the way forwards into the black void outside your house. Once you get far enough that you're past the "exiting the house" hitbox, you can just run around in the void as much as you like and go get that statue.
I don't quite recall how you get back in the house. You might be able to walk through the door and get spat out outside your house, or you might have to do the same dagger trick in reverse. At worst, just pass out in the void and you'll wake up back in your bed.
Today, I learned. Thanks a lot @Elenna101 !