Switch I can join my friend's online game, but she can't join mine

snergler

Newcomer
Hey guys, shot in the dark that someone else has had this issue and knows a workaround. Just like the title says, my friend can host me, but I can't host her.

Additional info:

- We're both using Nintendo switches
- She's in USA and I'm in Canada
- We've tried power cycling our routers and restarting our switches
- We both have NAT A ratings
- We're both using version 1.5.4 of the game
- We're friends on our Nintendo accounts
- She can't join my game regardless of whether it's a new or an old farm. I can't host her at all
- My settings under the multiplayer tab are the same as hers: Friends-Only server mode, new character creation enabled, building move mode set to Host Only. We've played around with these settings, still no luck.
- We select Co-op mode and Online play each time
- We're ensuring we have at least 1 guest cabin on the farms I try to host her in

I was fairly confident it was my NAT score, as Google claims that B and lower ratings can usually join but not host online games, but I've quadruple checked every single time we've tried that I have an A rating before booting up the game. She's tried waiting on the Join tab for minutes at a time, hitting Refresh, and still nothing.

Has anyone else come up against this? Any ideas?

GrahamCR

Newcomer
I was just having this problem as well, and found possibly the stupidest solution to it. My Switch privacy settings were set to hide my online status from everyone. I figure some recent Switch update may have changed it, because I've never touched that setting the whole time I've had the console, but apparently if you hide yourself being online then it also carries over to the game looking for you and the hosted farm. Could be worth a look!

snergler

Newcomer
I was just having this problem as well, and found possibly the stupidest solution to it. My Switch privacy settings were set to hide my online status from everyone. I figure some recent Switch update may have changed it, because I've never touched that setting the whole time I've had the console, but apparently if you hide yourself being online then it also carries over to the game looking for you and the hosted farm. Could be worth a look!
THIS SOLVED IT. Thank you so so much, you are my HERO!