Issue How to get fix issue, "Not loading mod because asset folder is empty when asset folder is not empty" (the farmer's children, vanilla art moms)

dabestestqueen

Greenhorn
Hi
My asset folders for 'the farmer's children' aren't empty but when i try to load the mod it says that they are and that it couldn't be loaded? I've seen another fix on this issue with a different mod saying that there's an empty folder in the mods folder, but I can't find an empty one in mine. I have a lot of other mods running too, so I included a screenshot of those in case i've missed an obvious issue. The error also happens when all other files related to this mod aren't there.

Attachments

Hi
My asset folders for 'the farmer's children' aren't empty but when i try to load the mod it says that they are and that it couldn't be loaded? I've seen another fix on this issue with a different mod saying that there's an empty folder in the mods folder, but I can't find an empty one in mine. I have a lot of other mods running too, so I included a screenshot of those in case i've missed an obvious issue. The error also happens when all other files related to this mod aren't there.

Thanks for the screenshots, and log.

When you get that error that it can't load because the "assets folder is empty". That means there's an issue with the mod's JSON files. Either missing from an improper installation, or newly created mod that has JSON files with the wrong filename extension.

In this case; I'm assuming that it's the optional files from: Farmer's Children - https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/5436?tab=files
In the files download; it has this:
Code:
MERGE the parent art with this folder
You already have the base installed:
NPC The Farmer's Children Art (from Mods\Art-5436-2-0-1-1678483397\[NPC] The Farmer's Children Art) [content pack]...

Go to the Mods\Art Vanilla Moms-5436-1-1660376312 (2)\ folder that is throwing the error.
Then cut/copy the assets sub-folder, and go to the earlier folder, and paste/merge it into the "Farmer's Children Art" folder.