How long did it take you to complete the community center on your first playthrough?

Schala

Farmhand
We actually didn't complete the Community Center on our first playthrough;

The Craft Room was done, the Pantry and the Boiler Room and the Bulletin Board and the Office were all done; by Year 4, we just needed one more fish to complete the fish tank;

By that point, we could have very easily grinded for that last fish, even reset the day over and over again until we finally got it;

But we liked the haunted feel of it: The Junimos with their hut in the corner, the traces of secret lives written on scraps of dust-covered paper, the howling of the wind through the creaking floorboards with the sound of wind chimes;

So we left it for the Junimos.

Potatoes

Farmer
The first time I’ve played it was probably around Spring in year 3. Now I can usually do it around Summer year 2. My wife is very proud of the fact that she’s done it once before the end of year 1

But you know something? There's a certain... je ne sais quoi... in playing a game like this for the first time. And as I often state as a caveat in my guides: You only get to play the game for the first time, once. Enjoy the experience first before you start looking up guides and the wiki and peel back the curtain of wonder and mystery.
I completely agree, if I could this is one of the games I’d play for the first time again, even though it is always fun to see what you do different in your next play throught.

Lew Zealand

Helper
Summer year 3. For me it was the fish. I bought almost every single one of them from the cart lady and I visited her religiously to find them all. It was only on my second save file that I learned to fish.
Wow, you bought your way through the Fishing! I was exploring this option in my head in another thread a while back when discussing a Vegan SDV playthrough and found that this was possible. But you went ahead and did it. That's super cool!

Multanox

Sodbuster
I think it was Winter year 4. I didn't see the point in finishing the community center quest. The fishing was the most difficult quest- as with many others - I wasn't able to finish it without stardew wiki:sweat:

Boo1972

Farmer
The real question is, did you use the wiki to find all the fish on your first CC finish or not?
100% used the wiki to find all the fish. I still use the wiki to find the fish! I can identify most of them by the way they move on the line, but I can’t keep straight what season or time of day they prefer.

My first farm was deleted on a fit of rage following an unfortunate incident with an ancient fruit seed. I never did fix the community center on that farm. I finished the CC Summer of year 2 on my first play through and I generally finish around then. I’d like to tell you it’s a strategic choice to get the friendship boost for all of Pelican Towns citizens, but I forget to check the traveling cart regularly. I end up waiting for the red cabbage seed.

I will say, in the 1.5 update, shuffling the CC bundles has been both challenging and beneficial. For the first time, I completed the pantry bundle first and unlocked the greenhouse early. That is very helpful on the beach farm.

It took me in till year three to compete the community center because I was trying not to use the wiki but I gave up and looked up all of the fish because it would be too hard for me to figure out the place, time, season and weather on my own :sweat: But I did compete one bundle without using the wiki but I forgot which one

imnvs

Local Legend
I really don't know about my first save. It was played on another's computer and is lost to time.

Since? In basically every save I complete the CC in Summer Year 2. I have never gotten a red cabbage until I could get the seed from Pierre. Then I use some Deluxe Speed-Gro when I plant it, and as a result I complete the CC no later and no earlier than Summer 7 Year 2 every time. It has been that way for every save. I have 6 saves, 2 are solo and 4 are multi games with the wife. In only 1 of the solos and in 2 of the multis have I/we completed the CC and it is the same every time.

My other solo save? I just now, in Fall Year 1, found a red cabbage seed in SC. I got my greenhouse already, and I'm now growing that puppy in there. I should have the CC done mid-Winter Year 1. Literally my first time getting a year 1 CC completion. (I'm terrible about going to the Travelling Cart.)

Alfyna

Sodbuster
My very first ever playthrough, I dragged my feet deliberately because I was afraid of advancing the 'story' too far and not feeling engaged with the game after I completed it. I think I ended up finishing it in Winter of my 3rd year. The second try I managed Spring of 2nd year, and the third I challenged myself to get it done asap Re: smart budgeting and hitting up the traveling cart, and managed to finish it with like two days or so to spare in the first year lol.

A Junimo

Planter
OK, you all have to promise not to laugh at me. :bored:
Here's a little backstory: in my first playthrough I was pretty young, and wanted to get married as quick as possible. Like, in my eyes, romance was the best part, the sole purpose, of Stardew Valley; crops and animals were merely side pursuits ;)
My naive mind immediately made me go after Alex, because he was a jock, flirty, and--admit it--totally cute. However, it took me a super long time to raise his hearts, so it was around Year 2 that I FINALLY married the freakin' dude.
Here's the thing: I had focused all of my energy on Alex, so there wasn't much left over for actual farming. This meant that I had accomplished literally the least amount of farm work possible. I had a coop and two chickens, but that was it. For real.
So, as you can imagine, Grandpa wasn't too pleased...his rather scathing review of my achievements pushed me to actually do something with my farm. I finally bothered to actually work-it was like my first day all over again, only my love life was the only thing that was up to date.
As you can imagine, even under my best efforts, it took me years to finish up the community center. But when YEAR 8 came around, I actually had managed to complete it....!

LRangerR

Local Legend
My first farm was deleted on a fit of rage following an unfortunate incident with an ancient fruit seed.
The Stardew version of throwing your controller across the room xD

With the fish though it's entirely possible to get them without the CC. I forget exactly which fish the TV points you towards. I decided to make a list of all the fish the TV points you towards that's in the bundles.
Puffer: Summer 4 Y1
Walleye: Autumn 22 Y1
Eel: Spring 4 Y2
Wood & Sandfish: Autumn 22 Y2
Catfish: Winter 11 Y2
This leaves the most notable fish that you need being the Shad (which you'll probably get while looking for catfish), Red Snapper (which you might get while looking for Eel), and Ghostfish, which isn't talked about at all, but you'll probably get from a monster drop eventually if you really can't think of where to fish for them. All of the other fish, and also the 2 other I just mentioned you'll probably find on your own if you're giving it any effort.

However, if you're going for the complete fishing achievement, you'll have to do a little more work as far as fishing goes. Things like the Void Salmon and Mutant Carp hints are nowhere to be seen as far as i'm aware of. But, it's still entirely possible, especially since the library will tell you where to find the Legendaries.

Salosso

Greenhorn
I kinda never did. ‘Flaming dumpster fire flying over a cliff’ would best describe my first playthrough lol

As someone thats played mostly FPS like Call of Duty and Battlefied. A game like Stardew Valley, was complexly alien to me. Build things? Forage and fish? No pew pew?
I went in complete blind, didn’t use the wiki, watch YouTube tutorials or use SDV forums to disastrous effects.

Now? ALL2EZ thanks to the Amazing guides made by @ShneekeyTheLost, @Shoukry, and SDV wiki.

LRangerR

Local Legend
... ‘Flaming dumpster fire flying over a cliff’ ...
I think that's what you call a phoenix, lol.

Sounds like your farm's doing well and healthy now though, so good job at sticking to it. I imagine that many people that come from some of the "action genres" have the time or patience to see SDV through long-term, so good on you for that part.