Hopper fix

CyberGrass

Farmhand
Most people agree that hoppers are a bit disappointing, so I have an idea to fix that.

Introducing, The Out-Hopper

It's just like a(n) (In-)hopper, except it takes things out rather than putting them in.

I do think that making the hopper two-way would be a bit overpowered, so this is my fix to that

The Out-Hopper costs 25 Qi gems as opposed to The In-Hopper's 10

The Out-Hoppers Crafting recipe would be the same as the In-hopper, except it would also require one prismatic shard
These higher prices are because the out hopper can be used to basically automate some part of the farm (Tappers and Statues of endless fortune to name a few)

If you have any additions to this idea, please share them!

Last edited:
Most people agree that hoppers are a bit disappointing, so I have an idea to fix that.

It's just like a(n) (In-)hopper, except it takes things out rather than putting them in.

I do think that making the hopper two-way would be a bit overpowered, so this is my fix to that

The Out-Hopper costs 35 Qi gems as opposed to The In-Hopper's 20

The Out-Hoppers Crafting recipe would be the same as the In-hopper, except it would also require one prismatic shard
These higher prices are because the out hopper can be used to basically automate some part of the farm (Tappers and Statues of endless fortune to name a few)

I think that's a great idea, honestly. I did feel pretty underwhelmed by the "features" of the hopper, like many other players. I think the recipe is balanced and the idea is sound. What about the recipes price? You mentioned the price of buying it, but you didn't say what it would cost to buy the recipe. I think something around 100 to 150 would be okay. Great idea overall, it would be a nice thing to see something like this for a QOL update.

The Out-Hopper costs 25 Qi gems as opposed to The In-Hopper's 10

Nice idea.
There was a similar suggestion here: https://forums.stardewvalley.net/threads/new-machine-extractor.9330/