New machine: Extractor

KiyokoNIhara

Newcomer
I think a good machine to be added if Stardew gets any more updates is what I call an extractor. The point of this machine is to work along side of the hopper to automate processing. The extractor will pull from the machine behind it into the machine in front of it. So a chain for automate metal bar production might look like this: Hopper1->Woodchipper->Extractor->Hopper2->Charcoal kiln->extractor->Hopper3->Furnace->extractor->chest. In hopper 1, put your hardwood or driftwood. In hopper 2, leave empty because your wood will fill up there. In hopper 3, put your various metal ores, or if you really like order, set up a chain for each particular ore. And all the finished bars will end in the chest. Because this works along side the hopper, this will be considered a late game item. You may be asking why even have hoppers, but that is to store built up stock of the wood and coal, so there is nothing wasted

Last edited:

tornadojack

Sodbuster
I think a good machine to be added if Stardew gets any more updates is what I call an extractor.
Too complex, imho.

I think it's better to have one Hopper for feeding various equipment and extracting their production. This hopper should:
1. contain raw materials and final products
2. service 8 cells around it (any equipment on any or all of these 8 cells)
3. pulse when awaiting products from any of its related equipment, stop and show a bubble when no related equipment can be fed with raw material.

So we can place it in the barn near auto-hopper, cheese press and loom
or
in coop near auto-hopper, Mayonnaise Machine and loom
or
somewhere near kegs and preserves jars
etc.

I think a good machine to be added if Stardew gets any more updates is what I call an extractor. The point of this machine is to work along side of the hopper to automate processing. ...
Have you seen this?:

I mentioned it also in this thread: https://forums.stardewvalley.net/threads/we-need-this-feature.8043/post-52485
I think it would work best, when having a new kind of chest for this automation. The new chest could be another reward from Mr. Qi similar to the Junimo-Chest.

Last edited:

Quirinea

Farmer
Have you seen this:

I mentioned it also in this thread: https://forums.stardewvalley.net/threads/we-need-this-feature.8043/post-52485
I think it would work best, when having a new kind of chest for this automation. The new chest could be another reward from Mr. Qi similar to the Junimo-Chest.
Yeah. I started using Automaton (no more "babysitting" all the machines, though it is so efficient that it feels almost cheaty), but a separate container would be better. As now I have to be vary of putting a chest so that it forms a "chain" leading to a machine lest it starts to feed a machine things that I don't want to. Like a chest of crafting materials touching a charcoal kiln...
Yeah that hopper is in its current form almost useless. If I have to pick the product before the next batch is started, I can as well feed the next batch.

YonCole

Newcomer
The hopper itself could have two areas: inputs & outputs - load up the inputs with what goes into the machine in front, outputs are pulled and land in the second area.
[or change the image somewhat and have it operate on "the machine to the left"]