Solved Hi, I'm having an issue where the game freezes after the boat ride...

HalfBaked

Farmhand
Ginger island. I know it said spoilers allowed in title, but I squinted my eyes and looked for "new topic" bc first playthru, lol. Anyway, it freezes as soon as I step onto the docks, maybe a second or two after. Here is the SMAPI log:

https://pastebin.com/UAa9Xpac

I have since removed Ridgeside Village.

Ginger island. I know it said spoilers allowed in title, but I squinted my eyes and looked for "new topic" bc first playthru, lol. Anyway, it freezes as soon as I step onto the docks, maybe a second or two after. Here is the SMAPI log:

https://pastebin.com/UAa9Xpac

I have since removed Ridgeside Village.
Would you mind posting the SMAPI log into the SMAPI log parser instead? Link to it here:

The reason I ask is, the SMAPI log parser pre-parses the logs and makes it fat easier to read because it has some syntax highlighting for differentiating between errors and warnings, says which belongs to which part/mod, and allows some stuff to be toggled on/off from view, folded and unfolded etc. It formats the info for easy reading and also the parser will sometimes auto-suggest some fixes at the top of the resultant log for certain things too.

Could a forum moderator move this to mod support please?

Thanks and good luck! 🍀

Last edited:

HalfBaked

Farmhand
Can you please post the SMAPI log into the SMAPI log parser instead? Link to it here:

The SMAPI log parser pre-parses the logs and makes it far easier to read because it has some syntax highlighting for differentiating between errors and warnings, allows some stuff to be toggled on/off from view, folded and unfolded etc. It formats the information for easy reading, The SMAPI log parser will sometimes even auto-suggest some fixes at the top of the resultant log for certain things too.

And maybe a moderator can move this to mod support instead of regular help and support?

Thanks!
Here it is:

Sorry for putting this in the wrong board. That one is from 10 mins ago when I made sure the Ridgeside remnants were gone. The crabs move for a split second, my animated fish icon still moves in the tray, and the quest "!" box still moves, but all else is frozen. I have to close SMAPI to shut it down.

Thanks, that's much nicer to read. I'm not much of a troubleshooter but I can help ensure other folks better at it have what’s needed to help speed suggestions up for you, so, the new upload is much appreciated. 🙂

There's some stuff to check here while youre waiting: https://forums.stardewvalley.net/threads/how-to-ask-for-help.146/#post-630

In my mostly layman's viewing the primary error seems to point to the Platonymous CustomMusic mod (I might try fully removing then re-installing that, and if that doesn't work, I'd try just removing it if nothing else is dependent on it, and then checking the logs again):

22:01:25ERRORgameAn error occurred in the base update loop: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: The specified wave index is invalid. at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.SoundBank.GetCue_PatchedBy<Platonymous.CustomMusic>(SoundBank this, String name) at StardewValley.SoundBankWrapper.GetCue(String name) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\SoundBankWrapper.cs:line 31

It is kicking multiple warnings about that one removed mod's content (one sampled below):

21:58:46WARNError HandlerRemoved invalid villager 'Undreya' in Custom_Ridgeside_RSVAbandonedHouse ({X:0 Y:0}) to avoid a crash when loading save 'MyF****in_287203814'. (Did you remove a custom NPC mod?)

Another warning is interesting:

21:56:58WARNSMAPIFound MSI Afterburner and RivaTuner Statistics Server installed, which may conflict with SMAPI. If you experience errors or crashes, try disabling that software or adding an exception for SMAPI and Stardew Valley.

HalfBaked

Farmhand
Thanks, that's much nicer to read. I'm not much of a troubleshooter but I can help ensure other folks better at it have what’s needed to help speed suggestions up for you, so, the new upload is much appreciated. 🙂

There's some stuff to check here while youre waiting: https://forums.stardewvalley.net/threads/how-to-ask-for-help.146/#post-630

In my mostly layman's viewing the primary error seems to point to the Platonymous CustomMusic mod (I might try fully removing then re-installing that, and if that doesn't work, I'd try just removing it if nothing else is dependent on it, and then checking the logs again):

22:01:25ERRORgameAn error occurred in the base update loop: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: The specified wave index is invalid. at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.SoundBank.GetCue_PatchedBy<Platonymous.CustomMusic>(SoundBank this, String name) at StardewValley.SoundBankWrapper.GetCue(String name) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\SoundBankWrapper.cs:line 31

It is kicking multiple warnings about that one removed mod's content (one sampled below):

21:58:46WARNError HandlerRemoved invalid villager 'Undreya' in Custom_Ridgeside_RSVAbandonedHouse ({X:0 Y:0}) to avoid a crash when loading save 'MyF****in_287203814'. (Did you remove a custom NPC mod?)

Another warning is interesting:

21:56:58WARNSMAPIFound MSI Afterburner and RivaTuner Statistics Server installed, which may conflict with SMAPI. If you experience errors or crashes, try disabling that software or adding an exception for SMAPI and Stardew Valley.
I was kinda thinking Custom Music too, but SVE requires it. I did fix it, though. It turned out it was a stupid thing I did catching up to me. I replaced some .xnb files for character dialogue and portraits. I restored the original files (I actually backed up the vanilla one in it's entirety for such an event) and it works now. Guess I gotta find a portrait mod that's CP compatible.

Thank you so much! Also, sorry, forgot it was called "My F*****' Farm" lol. Good catch if that wasn't autocensored.