Help?

yummi

Greenhorn
So I've been playing stardew valley for 2 days and I recently discovered the Spa? But there's nothing special about it? So what's the purpose of it? And there's this book either the tree symbol on it [idk the name of it sorry] do I first have to get all items if every season? I okay on switch and I'm not really sure

Ereo

Helper
When you enter the water at the spa and don’t move, your energy refills.

the tree symbol shows you the objects you need for the community centre. You have to go there to deliver them though (top of the town). You need to bring all things but it doesn’t have to be all at once. The only exception is if you need more than one of the same object (10 milk for example), then you need to have them at once.

HaleyRocks

Sodbuster
The spa restores health, too! It is mostly meant for some quick rest and relaxation while exploring the mines, but you are running out of "juice".

They are very useful in early game too, before starting to get stardrops, since doing many things at once has a very high toll on your initial energy. Foods, potions and at least 3x stardrops later, you will probably forget they even existed.

HaleyRocks

Sodbuster
Quick? It takes me 2 hours every time to run there, crawling into the pool, sitting there until my column fills up, crawling out of the pool, running back ... 🙁
But yeah, it's cheaper than eating.
You do not need to sit in the hot water, until your bars are completely refilled! Just stay inside enough time, to finish your task! Especially if you are late into the afternoon, when you arrive; get like, 1/2 or 2/3 of your bars filled.

Lew Zealand

Helper
I use the Spa sparingly in Year 1 but only when I'm already in the area and getting close to being out of E. Honestly it's more about a change of pace and just taking it easy for an in-game hour or two than anything else. OK and seeing what color my swimsuit will be depending on my outfit.

Also toes. Seriously have a look at your toes, they're awesome. Props to CA for toe design.

After Spring's Salmonberry season I usually carry around a pretty big stack of those for Energy and Health refills as they're cheap, portable, and quick.

Lew Zealand

Helper
p.s why are you looking at toes lew?
Because they're cool-lookin. They look like we have hobbit feet and now I need a mod in the game to grab things with them. Of course we'll need a new piece of footwear like Sandals or Toe Shoes that allow toe-grabbing. My guess is this will be a focus of the v1.6 enhancements. Naturally they'll do inordinate knockback to any monster from the smell alone, likely an area of effect thing like the Hammers.

The spa and railroad area have a few other interesting things in addition to the energy restoring pool.

The drain just outside has a few surprises fishing, one that is part of a friendship quest. It's also an easy place to find trash, which sounds funny, but is important. Also related, the big dumpster.

Sometimes a train passes through, and loot falls off!

There are two later events/quests that happen in the railyard too, and new areas you'll get to access.

And perhaps most important, the railroad and spa area is one place you might find a dinosaur egg by digging worm spots!

OK and seeing what color my swimsuit will be depending on my outfit.

Also toes. Seriously have a look at your toes, they're awesome. Props to CA for toe design.
Haha, you're like me I see! 😄 I too am fascinated by my toes every time I'm slow-motioning into the tub, staring at them and thinking: "Nature is a really strange thing!"
And by now I'm dead sure that the swimsuit matches the colour of the pants/skirt.
Cool, isn't it?

What I don't like about the spa is that it's a visual cheat. From outside you see a beautiful patio, but as soon as you go in you find yourself in the shabby bathhouse of my town.

Maher

Sodbuster
What I don't like about the spa is that it's a visual cheat. From outside you see a beautiful patio, but as soon as you go in you find yourself in the shabby bathhouse of my town.
I've seen real spas like that. A nice patio off of a shabby pool/whirlpool facility.

As for the disjunct between building exteriors and interiors, just tell yourself that Robin uses tesseracts as an architectural principle and move on. Contemplating it too closely can only lead to madness.

As for the disjunct between building exteriors and interiors, just tell yourself that Robin uses tesseracts as an architectural principle and move on. Contemplating it too closely can only lead to madness.
I had to google tesseracts, never heard of that. Fascinating things! I don't even understand half of the technical description in the wiki, but I sometimes see such things in my visions, and I've already wanted to stitch them. Spaces within spaces within spaces ...