Android [HELP] weapon not doing dmg

Idkmybffjake

Newcomer
I don't know what triggered this but a few days ago my weapons standard attacks no longer do any damage. The animation plays, it contacts the enemy, and knocks them back but no damage number shows and no matter how many times I hit the enemy it never dies. The secondary attack still works normally.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, trying different weapons, buying new weapons, unequipping everything, putting the weapons in storage, and toggling auto-attack on and off.

Idk what to do. It's making combat frustratingly difficult.

Realgar

Newcomer
I don't know what triggered this but a few days ago my weapons standard attacks no longer do any damage. The animation plays, it contacts the enemy, and knocks them back but no damage number shows and no matter how many times I hit the enemy it never dies. The secondary attack still works normally.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, trying different weapons, buying new weapons, unequipping everything, putting the weapons in storage, and toggling auto-attack on and off.

I've the same bug...

Aerothebear

Newcomer

The same thing is happening to me and it has been for months does anyone have any advice???

Simon McKenzie

Greenhorn
This happened to my son recently on Android (he's been playing since May 2023). I opened up his save file on my computer (see https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Saves#Find_your_save_files), and found this:

<attackIncreaseModifier>-1.10000014</attackIncreaseModifier>

This effectively reduced the attack damage down to zero. I updated the modifier back to zero, and he's now able to play again.

Updated setting:

<attackIncreaseModifier>0</attackIncreaseModifier>

I would suggest that if you want to try this and you're using any damage boosters (like rings) that you take them off, save the game, exit, then apply the change above (being sure to take a backup of your save file first). Good luck!