Switch [HELP] Unable to attach bait

Talakin

Greenhorn
I recently got and fell in love with this game but I can't seem to find why I can't attach bait (so far, regardless of the rod, bamboo, fiberglass, crab pot). I know you pick up the bait with A and then you're supposed to be able to apply it with Y but when I hit Y, nothing happens. I've tried hitting other buttons but I can't get it to do anything but attempt to trade bait with whatever I'm trying to apply it to. Any help helps!

Hill Myna

Farmer
Hello Talakin!

To put bait in Crab Pots, you have to place them in the water and then put the bait in (with A). I'd suggest you try this and see if it works.

You can't put bait on the Bamboo Pole, but you should be able to on the Fiberglass Rod. However unlikely, can I just confirm that you are using Bait and not Bug Meat?
I hope this help helps! :D

Talakin

Greenhorn
Hello Talakin!

To put bait in Crab Pots, you have to place them in the water and then put the bait in (with A). I'd suggest you try this and see if it works.

You can't put bait on the Bamboo Pole, but you should be able to on the Fiberglass Rod. However unlikely, can I just confirm that you are using Bait and not Bug Meat?
I hope this help helps! :D
It's definitely bait; I made it from bug meat. I haven't tried adding bait after dropping the pot but I will in a bit and report back. Edit - that worked for the crab pot but still working out the fiberglass rod....Edit the edit - somehow, I managed to get the bait on the rod....I had hit this before but I dunno why it didn't work last time (a to pick up, y to apply)

Last edited:

BlueGreen3

Tiller
I recently got and fell in love with this game but I can't seem to find why I can't attach bait (so far, regardless of the rod, bamboo, fiberglass, crab pot). I know you pick up the bait with A and then you're supposed to be able to apply it with Y but when I hit Y, nothing happens. I've tried hitting other buttons but I can't get it to do anything but attempt to trade bait with whatever I'm trying to apply it to. Any help helps!
I am having the exact same problem. Wish I could fix it.