PC [HELP] Stuck on "Connecting to online services" (MacOS)

Beanzzz

Newcomer
Me and my friends planned to play some Stardew co-op today because we got bored and I was always the one to host the server, but when I clicked on the "Co-op" button it showed me the "Connecting to online services"... I waited for a bit but it still didn't work...So I searched through the r/stardewvalley for some solutions and tried it but it's still stuck on the same thing... I hope somebody can suggest a fix to this. Thank you very much. I attached a photo of what it looks like.

Attachments

minsky

Newcomer
I've been having the same issue the last few days (via Steam). I've reinstalled the game, also refetched the game files from cloud just in case, "verified the integrity of game files", restarted everything (game, steam, computer, modem) a few times in different orders, cleared the download cache and made sure game was up to date. If someone could help out, it'd be greatly appreciated. I'm happy to provide more info about my system if you need.

So Im on Mac and was having this issue. I have not tried it again on my Mac steam, however, I downloaded BootCamp for windows on mac and it worked fine. I also run my Stardew Valley with mods using SMAPI so I don't know if that has something to due with the issue but even on BootCamp with my mods, the game functions fine. So I think it is a MacOS issue.

de_eskimo

Greenhorn
Was just having this issue. It was a bit of a hassle to fix but I uninstalled and re-installed Steam and it was instantly fixed. Not sure if this will help anyone else but it's what fixed it for me.