PC [HELP] Stardew valley steam will not start

entheric

Greenhorn
I neeed help. I have played for 170 hrs and I just got my ssd. Whenever I try to start the game in steam, it will say running but it will stop few seconds later.
I tried reinstalling, veryfying file, repairing XNE, deleting startup preferences. using smapi, run as admin updating my drivers. nothing worked
[IMG]
plss send help

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
This is a rare error that sometimes happens, and I personally have no idea why, but there is at least a fix you can try that has worked for people. Credit goes to MouseyPounds from the discord for bringing this issue to my attention and of course the users who found the solution here.

Basically, you might have to move some folders around. Link is here, but I'll try to recap what they said.

First off, BACK UP YOUR FILES and be very careful. In your windows folders, there is a sysWow64 folder and a system32 folder. Within both folders, there is a file called X3dAudio_7.dll . Switch the files (put the system32 one in the sysWow64 one and vice versa) and the post also recommends reinstalling XNA, which can be done here (#3 in the list). After doing all that, try launching the game again and hopefully it will work this time.

entheric

Greenhorn
I tried that method but sadly it did not work :(

I think i'll just stop playing

Last edited: