PC [HELP] SDV won't work on surface pro 7

1SpicyPeach

Newcomer
I recently bought a new surface pro 7. I downloaded the SDV from steam.

The game is zoomed in too much and my cursor won't move to the right side of the screen. Like it hits an invisible wall.

I tried all the solutions I found online nothing worked. When will this glitch be fixed? For now I had to return the game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lew Zealand

Helper
Hi 1SpicyPeach! This may be a side effect of the Surface's default screen scaling being at 200% because they have such hi-resolution screens. SDV may not interface with the screen zoom well and thus scale it's user interface poorly. I'll try it on my PC at 200% and see what happens.

Edit: OK that worked perfectly fine at 200%. In fact in-game it looked identical, so that's not it. I'm using the GOG version, not Steam but that shouldn't make a difference. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Last edited:

1SpicyPeach

Newcomer
Hi 1SpicyPeach! This may be a side effect of the Surface's default screen scaling being at 200% because they have such hi-resolution screens. SDV may not interface with the screen zoom well and thus scale it's user interface poorly. I'll try it on my PC at 200% and see what happens.
Wow thanks for helping me figure this out! At one point I got to where the screen fit the computer but then the cursor situation gets worse. Its like the invisible wall moved to the middle of the screen and I don't have access to the whole right half of the screen in the game.

Lew Zealand

Helper
Wow thanks for helping me figure this out! At one point I got to where the screen fit the computer but then the cursor situation gets worse. Its like the invisible wall moved to the middle of the screen and I don't have access to the whole right half of the screen in the game.
That *really* sounds like a screen zooming issue where the OS thinks the screen is half the size of the actual screen because it's misinterpreting the scaling factor. Ordinarily I would have access to a Surface within a week or so to work on (I work in IT) and I'd do a quick SDV install, test and then removal, but with work from home, etc., I don't have that opportunity.

Maybe someone else here plays SDV on a Surface and has some info?

1SpicyPeach

Newcomer
That *really* sounds like a screen zooming issue where the OS thinks the screen is half the size of the actual screen because it's misinterpreting the scaling factor. Ordinarily I would have access to a Surface within a week or so to work on (I work in IT) and I'd do a quick SDV install, test and then removal, but with work from home, etc., I don't have that opportunity.

Maybe someone else here plays SDV on a Surface and has some info?
It's is so hard to find some that plays SDV on surface Pro. The closest thing I find is people playing it on surface go. When I do find posts about surface pro it's usually about the same issue I am having and how they can't find a solution.

algae

Greenhorn
hi! I'm facing the exact same problem here... :sweat: did you find out how to cope with it now? thanks a lot <33

SrcrrMickey

Newcomer
hi! I'm facing the exact same problem here... :sweat: did you find out how to cope with it now? thanks a lot <33
Having just started trying to play games on a surface, a lot of them run into scaling issues. I've messed with the "high dpi" settings on a few and thatll usually fix it.

Another easier option tends to be to change the display of the surface to 1920x1200 and THEN start a game

I haven't tried these with Stardew yet but if I get to it today I will give it a go and let you know what I find.