Solved [HELP] Save doesn’t launch!

aishawhat

Newcomer
I play on iOS (13.5) iPhone XR and when I launch the game, I’m stuck on a dark blue screen (shown below) and the grandpa’s evaluation music, because I put a diamond in his shrine.
647619CC-F682-4133-9E11-AE34F1A1CEE6.png

I’ve made copies of my save file, deleted the app and downloaded it again. I made a new save file to test and it worked fine. However, when I moved my original save file and started it, I was greeted with the same dark blue screen and music. I don’t know what to do anymore.
Please help!

Last edited:

Froyo

Greenhorn
I have the same problem! I placed a diamond in grandpa’s shrine (because previously i had three lighted candles and i wanted to check if grandpa’s evaluation would change after i completed all the bundles in the community center), then saved the game and then exited the game for a while. And when i went back to load my saved game, it wouldn’t load and what appears is just a dark blue screen with grandpa’s evaluation music in the background. I’ve tried several times reloading the game but it just wouldn’t work. Also, I’ve tried waiting (like i just opened the game for about an hour) trying to load the game, but nothing happened. :(

Froyo

Greenhorn
I have the same problem! I placed a diamond in grandpa’s shrine (because previously i had three lighted candles and i wanted to check if grandpa’s evaluation would change after i completed all the bundles in the community center), then saved the game and then exited the game for a while. And when i went back to load my saved game, it wouldn’t load and what appears is just a dark blue screen with grandpa’s evaluation music in the background. I’ve tried several times reloading the game but it just wouldn’t work. Also, I’ve tried waiting (like i just opened the game for about an hour) trying to load the game, but nothing happened. :(
UPDATE: The game is working again. Just try to load your previous save (maybe the saved game where you have not yet placed the diamond into grandpa’s shrine) and it’s good to go. Maybe a few progress had been lost but at least the game save still works. :)

aishawhat

Newcomer
UPDATE: The game is working again. Just try to load your previous save (maybe the saved game where you have not yet placed the diamond into grandpa’s shrine) and it’s good to go. Maybe a few progress had been lost but at least the game save still works. :)
That's great to hear! Can I ask how you reloaded an earlier save?

Froyo

Greenhorn
That's great to hear! Can I ask how you reloaded an earlier save?
What i did was load my current saved game and then when the dialog box asked ‘Would you like to restore from where you previously left off’, i just clicked X and then the game worked again from the time before i placed the diamond in grandpa’s shrine.

Hope it works for you as well.

aishawhat

Newcomer
What i did was load my current saved game and then when the dialog box asked ‘Would you like to restore from where you previously left off’, i just clicked X and then the game worked again from the time before i placed the diamond in grandpa’s shrine.

Hope it works for you as well.
I tried doing that, but it just takes me back to the screen :'( If anyone knows how to reload a previous save on iOS, please let me know! I haven't played Stardew Valley in almost 2 weeks and I'm so sad now.

EDIT: I have restored a previous version and the game is running perfectly now!!! Yay!

Last edited: