Switch [HELP] Problem with Switch Local Co-op

Doctor_Labcoat

Newcomer
Whenever my girlfriend and I try to connect to each other's game, the person joining gets kicked back to the title screen.
- We each have a copy of the game on our own Switches
- We checked to make sure our Switches are on the same version (14.1.2)
- We checked the bottom left of the "?" menu on the title screen to see that we are definitely both on version 1.5.4
- We have confirmed we are friends on our Switch profiles
- We have tried restarting the console and trying again
- We do not both have the online subscription (I do and she doesn't)
We each tried hosting:
- We started in "Co-op" from the title screen
- We confirmed that there is 1 starting cabin (I also tried having 2 starting cabins)
After one person hosts, the other person is able to see the hosted farm on their "Join" list after selecting "Co-op". However, once the farm is selected to join, the screen says "connecting..." for about a second, then sends the person joining back to the main title screen.

We believe we have tried every possible thing that should be required for playing non-internet, local communication, but if there is something you don't see here that we could try, we'd love to hear it. Thank you for reading and helping out!

BeanBean

Newcomer
Hello! My partner and I also play on switch and are having the exact same problem. This only started a couple of weeks ago. Before we were playing together for months and then this started. Did you ever find a solution? thanks!

Doctor_Labcoat

Newcomer
Hello! My partner and I also play on switch and are having the exact same problem. This only started a couple of weeks ago. Before we were playing together for months and then this started. Did you ever find a solution? thanks!
I have not discovered a solution to this problem yet. I also haven't tried to play local co-op in a few months.
I'll try to remember to post here if I come across a working solution. :thumbsup: