Help plz! Wizard vs. Joja Corp

Miss Berry

Farmhand
I’m trying the Joja route for the first time! But then something hit me. Will I not be able to interact with the wizard if I get the membership for Joja? Or am I able to meet the Wizard first, and then buy the membership?

Ereo

Helper
I think you might actually have to interact with the scroll that makes the wizard send the invitation before you can start the Joja route.

You can switch from Community Center to Joja at any time, but you can never go back. If you completed a room full of bundles before joining Joja, you will not need to do it again, but if you only did some bundles, you pay full price at Joja.

ShadowNinja

Greenhorn
I think you might actually have to interact with the scroll that makes the wizard send the invitation before you can start the Joja route.
Nope you don't.

There's nothing stopping you from buying a Joja membership on Day 1 before Lewis even shows you the community center (other then the fact that you don't have 5,000 gold for it). You can even buy it before Lewis shows you the community center (which results in really screwing up that cut scene later when it's shown).

Elenna101

Farmer
Nope you don't.

There's nothing stopping you from buying a Joja membership on Day 1 before Lewis even shows you the community center (other then the fact that you don't have 5,000 gold for it). You can even buy it before Lewis shows you the community center (which results in really screwing up that cut scene later when it's shown).
Wait, what does happen with the wizard then? Because from what I know, you don't get the letter inviting you to the wizard's tower until you click the scroll. Does the scroll just show up in the warehouse? Does the wizard send you a letter anyways?

Ereo

Helper
Nope you don't.

Actually, there is:
Screenshot_20230613-174647.png

Wiki says it unlocks when you unlock the community center, and I would suspect it's only after you interact with the scroll, because otherwise how would you meet the wizard?

EDIT: as soon as you have the cutscene, you can get the membership. I'll test what the wizard will do after I get the gold.

Last edited:

Someone_else

Planter
Actually, there is: View attachment 16241

Wiki says it unlocks when you unlock the community center, and I would suspect it's only after you interact with the scroll, because otherwise how would you meet the wizard?

EDIT: as soon as you have the cutscene, you can get the membership. I'll test what the wizard will do after I get the gold.
Wow how the heck are you able to play with such big inventory, time and money icon?

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Nope you don't.

That was changed in 1.4 I believe, nowadays you cannot purchase the development form before the community center bundles unlock.

Godkin

Planter
I’m trying the Joja route for the first time! But then something hit me. Will I not be able to interact with the wizard if I get the membership for Joja? Or am I able to meet the Wizard first, and then buy the membership?
Your same worries when you started the game turned out to be mixed with mine. Don't worry, though, there's no "bad ending" here; each option has its own value. However, be careful when purchasing a JojaMart membership after clearing the Community Center, as the completion ceremony cutscenes can be problematic, locking the player in a difficult situation to solve. (⚆_⚆)