PC [HELP] New 1.5 version doesn't work

maxk21

Newcomer
Game don't start anymore. I tried everything to make this work but i couldn't. In SMAPI i got 0x800700c1 error.

maxk21

Newcomer
literally :
Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.dll' or one of its dependencies. is not a valid Win32 application. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800700C1)
InnerException:
Stack Trace: at StardewValley.Game1..ctor()
at StardewValley.Program.Main(String[] args)

liquidcat

Staff member
Can you please try doing the following things -
  • Delete the startup_preferences file in %AppData%/StardewValley
  • Go into the game file directly (you can find this by right clicking game in steam library > properties > local files > browse local files...) and then into the folder titled “_CommonRedist”, then “XNA”, then “4.0”, then “xnafx40_redist” installer. Once there, run the installer and hit repair.
  • If you don’t have SMAPI installed, right-click on Stardew Valley in Steam, then go to Properties > Set Launch Options, and make sure it is empty.
  • If you are running the software "RivaTuner", exit out of it completely before running the game
  • Go to Device Manager > System Devices and check if there is something called "FrescoLogic Display Adapter". this can cause incompatiblity issues.

Woitte

Greenhorn
Can you please try doing the following things -
  • Delete the startup_preferences file in %AppData%/StardewValley
  • Go into the game file directly (you can find this by right clicking game in steam library > properties > local files > browse local files...) and then into the folder titled “_CommonRedist”, then “XNA”, then “4.0”, then “xnafx40_redist” installer. Once there, run the installer and hit repair.
  • If you don’t have SMAPI installed, right-click on Stardew Valley in Steam, then go to Properties > Set Launch Options, and make sure it is empty.
  • If you are running the software "RivaTuner", exit out of it completely before running the game
  • Go to Device Manager > System Devices and check if there is something called "FrescoLogic Display Adapter". this can cause incompatiblity issues.
All of these things have been done and nothing. I have another thread going with all of the details of what I have done as well. Also, steam no longer maintains the _CommonRedist in that path. My post can be found here as well for more troubleshooting

https://forums.stardewvalley.net/threads/game-wont-launch.4141/