Windows Help, my pigs won't stop walking up and down [SOLVED]

witchyempathy

Newcomer
Okay, I know this sounds weird but hear me out.

Every morning my pigs will come out of the barn and act totally normal, walking around in their fenced enclosure. After a while, at least one (1) pig will start walking from the barn down to the fence and back. Always up and down. Nonstop. For the rest of the day. I have no idea what triggers this. It happens when I'm in the enclosure, when I'm not on the farm and I get back, when I'm just on some other part of my farm, you get the idea. As I'm typing this, six (6) of my nine (9) pigs are doing it. They won't dig for truffles and if I walk in front of them, they just turn around and keep walking up and down between my character and the barn. I've tried moving the barn. I've tried making the enclosure bigger vertically, horizontally, and vertically and horizontally simultaneously. Nothing seems to be fixing this and I'm not sure what to do. I've never had this issue before. The only "fix" I've found so far is following behind a pig up to the barn and basically placing my character inside the pig. This causes the pig to, in technical terms, freak out and look like it's vibrating back and forth. After a second or two (or three I dunno I didn't time this) the pig stops moving and will go back to pacing around the enclosure.

I'm playing on 1.5.6

stardew.PNG

Dunno if this info will help but I'll post it anyway.

Has anyone else had this issue? Did you find a fix? Is there a fix?

Thanks so much for reading.

*EDIT* I recorded a video of it happening, in case anyone needs to see it to understand better.

*EDIT* One of my chickens just started doing it, too. It doesn't really impact as badly as the pigs as the eggs are picked up with the autograbber but when the animals are in this 'mode' they don't get back into their barn/coop.

*EDIT* Saw the solution on reddit by total accident. Apparently my animals want grass (even though I have an autofeeder and PLENTY of hay for everyone) and the grass on my farm is close enough to them to trigger their pathing to try and get to it. Would be cool if this somehow got fixed? But I can have some temporary solutions/barriers on my farm in the meantime.

Last edited: