PC [HELP] Moved dresser, now it's empty

littleone

Newcomer
I moved a dresser in my home and the next morning it was empty! I lost all of my rings and clothes :( I was surprised that I was able to move the dresser with things in it, but I didn't think twice until the next day. Since I had changed days I couldn't just reload the day, so now I'm wearing my tiara forever (or until I buy a new hat!) and I lost some pretty cool hats. I checked the Mayor's lost and found but my items were not there.

I searched online and here but didn't see any other posts about it.

imnvs

Local Legend
Well, if you haven't played any more days than what you've explicitly mentioned... you can revert to the previous day's save. See, if the timeline goes as follows: play day 1 and move dresser, sleep, day 2 notice the problem, exit... you're okay. See, if you load up your current day, it'll be day 2... but if you go to your Stardew folder on the computer, into the Saves folder, you'll find another folder with your character or farm name followed by numbers. In that folder you'll see 4 files... and to revert to the day 1's save, you delete the two files that don't have "_old" at the end, and then the ones that do, you edit the filenames to remove the "_old". Then, when you go back to the game and tell it to load... it'll load the old save for the previous day, the day you moved the dresser and lost everything, and this time, you can not do that.

littleone

Newcomer
Well, if you haven't played any more days than what you've explicitly mentioned... you can revert to the previous day's save. See, if the timeline goes as follows: play day 1 and move dresser, sleep, day 2 notice the problem, exit... you're okay. See, if you load up your current day, it'll be day 2... but if you go to your Stardew folder on the computer, into the Saves folder, you'll find another folder with your character or farm name followed by numbers. In that folder you'll see 4 files... and to revert to the day 1's save, you delete the two files that don't have "_old" at the end, and then the ones that do, you edit the filenames to remove the "_old". Then, when you go back to the game and tell it to load... it'll load the old save for the previous day, the day you moved the dresser and lost everything, and this time, you can not do that.
Oh I've played more days, I didn't know about the save folder thing so I thought they were totally a lost cause. However, I am going to save this info in case I need it again in the future! Thank you :) Also, I'll make sure not to move any more dressers with items in them.

Edit: To be honest I wasn't expecting a fix to the issue, I just wanted to call attention to it.

imnvs

Local Legend
Oh I've played more days, I didn't know about the save folder thing so I thought they were totally a lost cause. However, I am going to save this info in case I need it again in the future! Thank you :) Also, I'll make sure not to move any more dressers with items in them.

Edit: To be honest I wasn't expecting a fix to the issue, I just wanted to call attention to it.
Ah, too bad, but yes, at least you know better for next time... both moving dressers around and how to replay a previous day.

As for a fix, I don't know if what I'm suggesting is so much a fix, but an "undo" button, so to speak.

mouse

Farmer
Just to clarify, did you only notice they were missing the next day? Or were you still able to use the dresser and everything in it after moving it initially, but then after you slept the contents were gone?

(And just to make sure, are you using any mods?)