PC [HELP] MacOS multiplayer troubleshooting after 1.5 update

DarkTrooperJedi

Greenhorn
[MacOS 10.10.5]
[Steam]
[I'm from Mexico, sorry for the bad English, I tried my best]

Hi ! before the 1.5 update my girlfriend and I used to play the game, she on Mac and me on Windows without problems. After 1.5 update the invite code option doesn't show up for her Mac version, we can't play anymore together. We follow all the steps in https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Moddi....27t_connect_to_another_player_in_multiplayer and doesn't fix the trouble (even we tried re-installing the game and changing her Steam name and deleting the startup_preferences). My windows version is fine, no problems, the multiplayer options show up as usuall.

I was thiking that Steam stopped supporting MacOS 10.10 on the last year, but she has no had problems with the Steam software (only has Stardew Valley on Steam). Maybe the problem is for that, but I hope you can help us, and explain us what could be the cause. Thank you ! :wchicken:

Toadally

Greenhorn
Hey! I'm playing with a friend and we had the exact same scenario. I didn't find a solution, however I did find a workaround. First, whoever is hosting the game has to port forward the port 24642 on their router. Next, the host should open the game like normal through the Co-Op tab. When the other person joins, join through LAN and type in the IP of the host (You can find this by google searching "what is my ip"). I hope this helps!

joey_dangerzone

Greenhorn
My partner and I hit this issue too. We've played together on a farm for ~50 hours and never had an issue until trying out patch 1.5 for the first time tonight. When she hosts the co-op farm there is no longer an invite code under the multiplayer section. Via Steam I cannot join her game either. We're both on MacOS.

I had to use @Toadally 's workaround.

Raivynne

Greenhorn
I had the exact same issue working on my Mac! The "invite code" button was completely missing when I tried to get into the game, on a save file me and my friend spent about a hundred hours on. Tried the same fixes mentioned above - reinstalling game, deleting startup_preferences, whole 9 yards. Didn't yet try the workaround by @Toadally but that's partially because we had an alternative, which was to try and update my OS.

I had to update my OS to 11.1 Big Sur (on a MacBook Air), but then Steam wouldn't recognize my computer as a platform it could run games on. I then had to uninstall and reinstall the Steam client using their instructions for deinstall for Mac (moving the application to trash alone doesn't do it for Mac). Doing that finally fixed other issues I had been having with the Steam client and allowed me to update Stardew properly. It fixed the in-game co-op bug for me and now everything displays properly!

This is what it looked like before the fix:

stardew_co-op_bug.png

After the fix:

stardew_co-op_bugfixed.jpg

Hopefully this helps, but idk if the issues are exactly the same. Would be interested to know if they were!

Last edited:

martian

Newcomer
Have the same issue and it's so hecking random. Now I tried everything (restarted my router, updated macos etc.), but it didn't help. And I had this issue, and sometimes simply reconnecting wi-fi helped. I don't know how to make port forwarding on Mikrotik router (also I think ports are 4-digit, I can't input a 5-digit one as specified by @Toadally).
I'm very very depressed that I can't play with my friend rn, have been expecting it for a whole week.

martian

Newcomer
Possibly related to https://forums.stardewvalley.net/threads/help-this-character-belongs-to-another-player.3108/

For the record, I'm seeing this issue as well on both macOS 11.1 (M1 Mac mini) and macOS 10.15 (Intel Mac).
Also I disagree with this. I can't even use the workaround from this topic — I can't delete my ID because I'm the host and I don't have ID. Also if someone else hosts it doesn't help, I simply can't connect to them, so problem is definitely on my side.