PC [HELP] (MAC) Multiplayer not working on the new update, please help!

fishburgerr

Greenhorn
Hi, I updated my Stardew Valley to 1.15.1 and tried to start a co-op game. I was able to start hosting a game, but I did not receive the message that I was connected to a game session. My friend was unable to see the hosted game on their end, but they received the "connected to a game session" message.

However, I was unable to join their hosted game either as my game menu did not have the "Enter Invite Code" option. Neither one of us were able to select the Refresh button.

Any help is appreciated, thank you!

For further info: We are both running the latest version of SMAPI as well.

Attachments

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
a solution that helps most people in this situation is to:

1.) make sure you are online on Steam, check that you can send messages to your friend and vice versa
2.) change your Steam username to something else-- make sure it has no profanity and something no one else has
3.) restart your game

when you go back, you should be able to see the proper online options, and afterwards you can change your Steam name back :)

fishburgerr

Greenhorn
Thanks for the reply! I've tried these three suggestions, including re-installing both Stardew Valley and SMAPI itself, but the problem still persists. I am unsure if this is related, but the terminal also indicates this message: [game] Oops! Steam achievements won't work because Steam isn't loaded. You can launch the game through Steam to fix that.

Is there any other suggestion that I could try?

Thank you!

DarkTrooperJedi

Greenhorn
Hey ! my girlfriend has the same problem. We tried all the suggestions in the Stardew Valley Multiplayer Troubleshooting Guide and the problem still persists. Her MacOS version is 10.10.5, what's yours? Steam stopped supporting older versions of MacOS (versions prior to 10.11) I think that's the problem. We have no idea what to do.

fishburgerr

Greenhorn
Hey ! my girlfriend has the same problem. We tried all the suggestions in the Stardew Valley Multiplayer Troubleshooting Guide and the problem still persists. Her MacOS version is 10.10.5, what's yours? Steam stopped supporting older versions of MacOS (versions prior to 10.11) I think that's the problem. We have no idea what to do.
My OS is 10.15.7 but it doesn't work either. Strangely it works on my other Macbook which is also running 10.15.7 but an older version of Steam. I wonder if that could be the issue.

aly824

Newcomer
My gf has the same issue. She has uninstalled and reinstalled the game, changed her Steam user, made sure both Steam and her OS is updated and is still having the same issue. I hope this gets fixed soon!

Pocket05

Greenhorn
I still cannot join my old save, but I have hosted other games, but today I cant anymore, my friend dont get to enter our save and we tried everything and more lol

Odin

Staff member
Thanks for the reply! I've tried these three suggestions, including re-installing both Stardew Valley and SMAPI itself, but the problem still persists. I am unsure if this is related, but the terminal also indicates this message: [game] Oops! Steam achievements won't work because Steam isn't loaded. You can launch the game through Steam to fix that.
Just to double check, you are launching the game through Steam? I'm not sure why SMAPI and the game wouldn't recognize that you were. Perhaps a reinstall of Steam would help?
Her MacOS version is 10.10.5, what's yours? Steam stopped supporting older versions of MacOS (versions prior to 10.11) I think that's the problem. We have no idea what to do.
Is the device too old to be updated past 10.10.5?