Solved [HELP] Launch screen crashes

SkySparkles22

Greenhorn
Hello! I’ve been playing Stardew Valley on mobile for quite some time now, and have never had this bad of an issue. Yesterday, I launched Stardew Valley to see it just crash, and not even make it past the launch screen. I attempted opening the game countless times, then I restarted my phone a couple times too. I’ve double tapped the home button of my phone and “swiped” the game many times as well. I have no idea what to do, and don’t want to lose my data! I currently don’t have a pc or anything to link my save to, so I’m stuck. Help!

Odin

Staff member
I am playing on an iPhone 7
Very odd. I've seen a couple reports from people on older devices with limited memory, but the 7 doesn't fit that group.

The good news is you can make a backup of your data without any other devices. The wiki explains how to find your saves on iOS, from there just copy each save folder to another location on your iPhone (make sure all the files within the folder are also copied). Once you've made backups of the saves you can try reinstalling.

SkySparkles22

Greenhorn
Very odd. I've seen a couple reports from people on older devices with limited memory, but the 7 doesn't fit that group.

The good news is you can make a backup of your data without any other devices. The wiki explains how to find your saves on iOS, from there just copy each save folder to another location on your iPhone (make sure all the files within the folder are also copied). Once you've made backups of the saves you can try reinstalling.
Thanks for responding!! I did exactly this and it worked! So happy. I was very worried I was going to lose everything, but thankfully not. Thank you again!!

shroomlee

Newcomer

hi, i’m having the same issue, however i dont have any saves. i’ve tried reinstalling but the game just continues crashing. i have an iphone se and i have no problems with any other apps. is this fixable ?

Odin

Staff member
hi, i’m having the same issue, however i dont have any saves. i’ve tried reinstalling but the game just continues crashing. i have an iphone se and i have no problems with any other apps. is this fixable ?
Some people report problems of crashing when you have the "downtime" feature enabled, and the app limits feature is in effect. Unfortunately if that's not the problem in your case, there's not much in the way of troubleshooting on iOS. But can you share what version of iOS you're on? You can see that in Settings -> General -> About.