Windows [HELP] I only get TRASH when fishing at Ginger Island

leafar

Greenhorn
As the title says, I only get trash when i go fish, so, I'm currently trying to complete the collections at stardew valley, but i have this trouble, when i try to fish at Ginger Island i ONLY get trash, im unnable to complete the fishe's collection because of this issue, its already my 5 day in a row from 7:00am til 02:00am just fishing there and i ONLY GET TRASH, i have my irium pod with baits all on, that's not the problem, also isnt unlucky day, although my friends playing with me can hit fishes AT THE SAME SPOT IM ON i can't, i only get trash as i said, btw i know how to fish, i already got all the fishe's from collection also seasonal legendary one's, but my issue is on ginger island and thats it,

PS: thats my second save trying to complete all collections, on the first save i quitted because of the same bug, doesnt matter what i would do, i could not fish Midnight Carp, but on the second save (that im in now) i managed to fish it pretty easy tbh, so, i don't know whats happening rn, am i just accursed and cant complete the collection's ? lol if anyone can help i would be really really thankful

PS 2: the first save i was hosting, now its my friend, at first i thought it could be a host issue but he catch the fishes at ginger island pretty easy, tbh he came to fish at the same spot as me and he caught 7 Blue Discus and me at the same time caught 47 trashes.

BlaDe

Farmer
It sounds like your locations file is corrupted. You could try verifying your install files.

leafar

Greenhorn
It sounds like your locations file is corrupted. You could try verifying your install files.
ok, so i finally get the blue discus, veryfing the files or even reinstalling the game didnt fix the issue, i had to login my steam and played my save at my other PC ,aparrently was an issue at my notebook somehow, i gave my last try on changing the save to my other PC, only that way fixed lol (i tried getting back to my notebook to see if was corrected after i got it on my desktop pc and nothing, still getting only trash, but im glad that on my other pc worked out :) just letting u guys know and for other ppl that may have the same issue tho

Quirinea

Farmer
I had the same bug and I fixed it with switching to english instead of German. I don't know what it is, but it helped
That sounds like there is something missing from the translation files. A-ha! I had extracted files (dated last October) and at least Locations.de-DE was missing the Ginger Island locations. Actually that file seems superfluous as there is no translated content. Removing it (making the game to fall to the default) might fix the issue. So if the OP is not playing in English, I'd recommend going to Data/Locations and renaming the file for that language (adding something after the .xnb-ending), and see what happens.
(Remember the Banana tree problem? Also finally found to be due to obsolete and superfluous language file)

Quirinea

Farmer
Could also try deleting the files entirely, then verifying.
I'm always trying to keep on the safe side and not deleting anything permanently. Putting something in the end of the filename (so that it is not of the correct type) makes it "invisible" to the game. If it turns out that the file actually is needed, it's easy to get back.