Issue Help! I can't load my save, it just sends me back to the main menu screen.

sanbanapoy

Newcomer
As the title entails, I can't load my save and just tried about everything. I've changed the _old save files and deleted the the non-_old files, never played on fullscreen to begin with, deleted a mod or two, deleted SMAPI, reinstalled the game, updated mods, everything, and loading a save still sends me back to the main menu. I have back up files, but I don't know how to use them.

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
Have you tried removing all of your mods and starting the game? It really could be some mods you haven't removed being the issue (though there ARE some mods that crash your game if you try playing vanilla)

BlaDe

Farmer
This normally happens when the game can't load the save file. Can you post the save file here and we can have a look at it?

Satch

Newcomer
This normally happens when the game can't load the save file. Can you post the save file here and we can have a look at it?
hey blade i was wondering if you might be able to help me recently i've had the exact same issue as this thread says and i've tried the same thing, nothing has worked.

imnvs

Local Legend
hey blade i was wondering if you might be able to help me recently i've had the exact same issue as this thread says and i've tried the same thing, nothing has worked.
@BlaDe would ask you to do the same he asked @sanbanapoy to do, upload your save file so someone can take a look at it.

mouse

Farmer
There are a lot of reasons for this to happen, especially with mods. The first and best place to start is always your SMAPI log, but the more information you can include up front the better :)