Solved [Help] I am doing triple damage -- SOLVED -- attackIncreaseModifier should be ZERO

KingJoshington

Greenhorn
TL;DR - Leaving this here in case anyone else ever has this problem. Somehow, my <attackIncreaseModifier> in my save file got set to 2, which was causing triple damage (0 = 1× damage 1 = 2× damage 2 = 3× damage ). I set it back to 0 and then everything is working as it should.

I've tried to follow Strobe's helpful guide on how to ask for help. I've already verified the integrity of my game files. I've included all of the asked for info below. Any help would be truly appreciated.

Stardew Valley: 1.5.1 on Microsoft Windows 10 Home
SMAPI: 3.8.2
SMAPI log: https://smapi.io/log/cdbdc462d5f44b76b23c6d6a0a8965dd

Problem: I am doing triple damage with all of my weapons.
This was not a problem before in this save file.
I have quite a few mods installed but my SMAPI logs are clean and I've had no crashes or errors.
I use Moddrop. Smapi says there are 4 mods to update, but I think they are not the issue (for example, I have the latest SpaceCore from Space's discord, which Moddrop doesn't recognize yet; similarly the other 3 shouldn't touch combat, have caused no problems, and the latest versions seem to be about multiplayer; they have said that for more than a few in-game days and I wasn't having this problem before; I will update them soon).
I play with SVE and I don't have any "cheat" mods installed.

Suspected culprit:
I recently installed Angel's Weapon Rebalance and Deluxe Hats.
I think Angel's might be the culprit because it touches upon combat and I didn't have these problems before. I've uninstalled both mods but I'm still doing 3x damage with every swing.
I think it baked the changes into my save file.
It might also be Expansive Combat -- which I tried as well but not at the same time.

Attempted fixes:
I've uninstalled these two mods.
I've tried sleeping in game with the mods uninstalled to "reset" the situation but it's still a problem.
I've tried trashing my weapons and debug adding new copies.
Additionally, on an old save that I loaded up with most of the same mod loadout (but which had never had Angel's mod or the Deluxe Hats), combat damage appears to work as it should.

Here's a picture of my Obsidian edge that I get from debug codes:

Each swing is between 120 - 198 (from what I've seen) and if I crit it does 500+ damage. I am only level 5 in combat.

What can I do to fix this? I feel like this has some how marked my character -- because it happens to all weapons. Is character strength stored somewhere in my save file?

I would be sad to restart -- I'm already some 20+ hours in. But this has completely trivialized the mines and the deep-woods.

Last edited: