1.6 Update [HELP] Help! Why does the save file on my friend's end crash when I read it on my pc

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
1. Are you all using the same mods if any?
2. What's the setup for this, are you in a multiplayer game and you're opening the save file while in the game?

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
1.with no mod
2.Modified the save file I played with friends before and made me the host
Oh then they're probably crashing because they're joining and supposed to be host.

I would recommend them make a new character instead of clicking anything else when they join. if that doesn't work then you have to destroy all cabins on the farm and rebuild a new one for them to make a new character on. It should probably work with that done.

KaiTouCrow

Greenhorn
Oh then they're probably crashing because they're joining and supposed to be host.

I would recommend them make a new character instead of clicking anything else when they join. if that doesn't work then you have to destroy all cabins on the farm and rebuild a new one for them to make a new character on. It should probably work with that done.
But this archive file is in the hands of both of my friends and they can open it normally

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
But this archive file is in the hands of both of my friends and they can open it normally
yes but then they'd be entering as the main player, when you have the file you are entering as the main player and they have to join as farmhands which is where I believe the issue is coming from

KaiTouCrow

Greenhorn
yes but then they'd be entering as the main player, when you have the file you are entering as the main player and they have to join as farmhands which is where I believe the issue is coming from
What I mean is that they can read my modified save file normally, but I will crash