PC [HELP] Heavy lag on the non-host player in Online Coop through Steam

Ucak

Greenhorn
Hey! Me and my SO have really big problem in online coop. I play on Linux and she plays on Windows, both through Steam. The one who doesnt host the farm cant pickup items for whole one or two minutes if s/he like mined a stone. The loading screens sometimes are very long, like almost stuck on "waiting for players 2/2 " screen (Sometimes it is minutes). Especially in the mines if we go together I (she mostly host the farm) mine the stones, but cant pickup anything then she also mines it because they arent mined on her view, and one other example is I cut a lot of trees one day and went to bed, after about one in game hour she sees me as still cutting trees. These makes the game unplayable unfortunately. We both dont face any issues on single player, we tried remote play together feature of steam but that had other issues like low resolution. And just as a side note, we are not on the same network, (it is an ldr).

We use no mods, it is legit copies of the game that are bought on Steam.

We also tried changing the host, i hosted it and she joined but it was the same, she faced the same issues as me

We tried turning off the steam save sync to the cloud but it didnt helped

i hope it gets solved somehow because this is like the perfect game to play with my SO

I can provide additional details if it is needed i really want this to be solved

My Steam info:
Repository : multilib
Name : steam
Version : 1.0.0.70-1
Description : Valve's digital software delivery system
Architecture : x86_64
URL : https://steampowered.com/

I use Arch Linux, not Ubuntu but I guess it shouldnt matter. She uses windows 10. We both have up-to-date version of the game.

Thanks beforehand.

Last edited by a moderator:

Crutionix

Newcomer
I'm having a very similar issue. I have a 4 person farm, all of us running through Steam on legitimate copies of the game. We've never had problems playing before on previous versions of the game, but since we all first tried 1.5 multiplayer, one of the players has had major issues:
  • Ground items not being picked up.
  • Loading screens that last forever when moving between buidings/areas.
  • Their clock being anywhere from 20 minutes to 4 in game hours behind everyone elses.
  • Stuck waiting for a chest inventory to open for upwards of 45 seconds in real time.
  • Waiting for players (4/4) for real life minutes until their time catches up (like I said, can be up to 4 in game hours off).
We're really struggling to work out what's going on. They even recently built a new PC and while things did improve, it was very marginal.
We're all on Windows 10.