Solved (HELP) (Glitch) 2 cut scenes tried to trigger at the same time

Ally Fenz

Cowpoke
One second Emily was on the porch, and a split second later, Gunther was there. The result for Gunther's cut scene executed, but not Emily's. Is there any way to get Emily to come back? I realize this is vague, but I don't know how to do spoilers here.

Geoman265

Tiller
I don't know how it is on mobile, but on PC, you can insert spoilers by clicking the "..." above the comment and clicking on the white flag saying "spoiler" to insert a spoiler.

Ally Fenz

Cowpoke
Emily was going to offer me the use of her sewing machine, but didn't because Gunther overode her to bring the rusty key. Now I have cloth, but I can't do any tailoring because Emily's cut scene didn't finish. I've tried acquiring more cloth to try to get Emily back to complete the cut scene, but that doesn't seem to work.

Is there any way to fix this on this save file?

Geoman265

Tiller
I tried using her sewing machine; I get the message that it is a sewing machine but I don't know how to use it.
I assume that you've already slept through the day, but if you haven't, it may be possible to reload the day and see if that helps. There may be a way to revert the save to that day, though I wouldn't know.

In case you have saved and cannot undo the last save (go back to an older save)... I've recently had to save edit on mobile to fix a missed, double-triggered cut scene once too, because I didn't realize it had passed until long after multiple saves. The following worked for me on iOS:

Important: A person should never edit save files without first locating and backing up elsewhere, all relevant save files in case something goes wrong (backing these up to Google Drive now and then can be helpful anyhow) .

Wiki info on where to find (for backup) and editing save file:

Fixing a missed cut scene via save file edit (direct from CA/developer, though an older post it worked for me still this year):

Last edited:

Ally Fenz

Cowpoke
In case you have saved and cannot undo the last save (go back to an older save)... I've recently had to save edit on mobile to fix a missed, double-triggered cut scene once too, because I didn't realize it had passed until long after multiple saves. The following worked for me on iOS:

Important: A person should never edit save files without first locating and backing up elsewhere, all relevant save files in case something goes wrong (backing these up to Google Drive now and then can be helpful anyhow) .

Wiki info on where to find (for backup) and editing save file:

Fixing a missed cut scene via save file edit (direct from CA/developer, though an older post it worked for me still this year):

Thank you! This is good info to have. I have an update: I had given up on ever being able to tailor and just moved on; I divested myself of all of my cloth when I built a mill. Then I got a bolt of new cloth from the recycling machine. The next day, Emily showed up and offered me her sewing machine! I guess it kind of reset when I didn't have any cloth and then got cloth. I'm just speculating.

Anyway, thanks to all who have tried to help me with this issue!