PC [HELP] Game Won't Launch or Crashes Momentarily After (Steam/Big Picture Mode)

GreedyJello

Greenhorn
I've had Stardew on my Macbook for over a year and never had a problem playing it through Steam. Recently, I've been trying to figure out how to connect my PS4 controller so I can use it with my laptop while I play. I finally figured out how to configure the controller and get it working in Big Picture Mode, however; now whenever I try to start up the game from big picture mode, Steam will say the game is running, but it never actually loads and when I hover over the Stardew Valley icon on my desktop it says the application isn't responding. I've tried starting up Stardew without being in Big Picture Mode as well and all it does is load the initial white ConcernedApe screen (without audio) before freezing and needing to be force quit. It seems like I can't play the game on my laptop at all now, with or without the PS4 controller which really stinks. I've tried all the common troubleshooting recommendations and nothing seems to work...any help would be very appreciated!

GreedyJello

Greenhorn
Update: The game seems to work now without the PS4 controller involved, but still freezes/crashes once I try to use the controller.