Help Game will not save

kohlrak

Farmhand
If i'm understanding this correctly, one of the mods needs updated or reinstalled. It's saying that something requested does not match something found. Which means item value mismatch, which very likely also means that your save almost ended up horridly corrupted. I hope you're keeping backups of your saves, because this was almost a disaster.

EDIT: To be very clear at what this thing is saying, it's saying that the game is trying to put an item into the save that i doesn't know how to describe. It's like trying to save a magical sword, new NPC, or something like that, but it has no idea what to call it in the save file. It's like meeting an alien, and you and this alien can call each other certain brainwave derived names for 10 years 'cause they communicate via telepathy, but the moment someone asks you what his name is you stare blankly, 'cause you have no way of conveying his name, and you know he would be offended by any name you choose.

Last edited:

Odin

Staff member
Generally if a mod needs an update, SMAPI will state that outright, so I don't think that's the issue here. I'm confident someone who's better than I at reading SMAPI logs will be along to help :P

kohlrak

Farmhand
Generally if a mod needs an update, SMAPI will state that outright, so I don't think that's the issue here. I'm confident someone who's better than I at reading SMAPI logs will be along to help :P
I can't imagine why it'd say that there's no id ("key") for an item that it wishes to save if not for item ID mismatch.

There was an error generating the XML document. ---> System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
Unfortunately, the crash log isn't actually giving us any clues what item from what mod. However, it is giving us a warning that something was removed:
Removed invalid villager 'Mona' in HaleyHouse ({X:0 Y:0}) to avoid a crash when loading save '16316674_242525113'. (Did you remove a custom NPC mod?)
It's quite possible that "Mona" or something related to "Mona" was the item in question (point being, an item might not necessarily be something you can shove in your inventory).

crissy29936

Newcomer
I removed the Mona mod and still get the same thing. https://smapi.io/log/a463df0befd743bfa263cc592f6b16ae

I started a new game to see if it would save to the next day and it did. Its when i use my current game it happens. Now its giving me something new in the error log. I added it so you can see. I really hope I don't have to start all over. Thank you for your help I really appreciate it.

I can't imagine why it'd say that there's no id ("key") for an item that it wishes to save if not for item ID mismatch.

Unfortunately, the crash log isn't actually giving us any clues what item from what mod. However, it is giving us a warning that something was removed:

It's quite possible that "Mona" or something related to "Mona" was the item in question (point being, an item might not necessarily be something you can shove in your inventory).

crissy29936

Newcomer
Thank you for explaining that. I think I'm going to remove all New NPC's and see if that might help.

If i'm understanding this correctly, one of the mods needs updated or reinstalled. It's saying that something requested does not match something found. Which means item value mismatch, which very likely also means that your save almost ended up horridly corrupted. I hope you're keeping backups of your saves, because this was almost a disaster.

EDIT: To be very clear at what this thing is saying, it's saying that the game is trying to put an item into the save that i doesn't know how to describe. It's like trying to save a magical sword, new NPC, or something like that, but it has no idea what to call it in the save file. It's like meeting an alien, and you and this alien can call each other certain brainwave derived names for 10 years 'cause they communicate via telepathy, but the moment someone asks you what his name is you stare blankly, 'cause you have no way of conveying his name, and you know he would be offended by any name you choose.

kohlrak

Farmhand
Thank you for explaining that. I think I'm going to remove all New NPC's and see if that might help.
12:59:19 WARN Producer Framework Mod No Output found for 'Ghee', producer 'Butter Churn' and input 'buffalo_milk_item'. This rule will be ignored.
12:59:19 WARN Producer Framework Mod No Output found for 'Buffalo Milk Yogurt', producer 'Yogurt Jar' and input 'buffalo_milk_item'. This rule will be ignored.
There definitely seems to be a pattern forming. You disable one, and the next problem shows up. I don't know enough to know if it's 1 mod breaking all the others, or if the mods have to fill some new criteria because of an update, but the game's not liking these mismatches.