[HELP] game tossed me in a dark area

SaraahBear

Greenhorn
So, I was playing on co-op in stardew on Xbox, and I was on the ginger islands, I went into the house since it was close to 2 am, and ended up passing out. When I woke up, I was in a dark area, and couldn’t go anywhere or see anything.
See video in Reddit post

Sigrah

Farmer
So, I was playing on co-op in stardew on Xbox, and I was on the ginger islands, I went into the house since it was close to 2 am, and ended up passing out. When I woke up, I was in a dark area, and couldn’t go anywhere or see anything.
See video in Reddit post
You could try striking around you with all possible tools (weapon, pick, axe, and hoe) and see it it breaks anything.

If that doesn’t work, you could try placing furniture, floor tiles, or any other stuff you can place on the ground to see if you can map out your surroundings and/or see if you’re stuck in an invisible box (if you have the crafting mats or happen to be carrying anything placeable).

Personally, I’d try with either a scarecrow or floor tiles if you have the mats to craft any because there’s no indoor/outdoor restrictions on them, and also because you don’t even have to place them, you can just craft one (cobble stone path, for example), then hover it around you to see if any squares around you turn from red to green. The squares that are red most likely indicate something is already occupying that space, while squares that are green most likely mean an open space you can try moving into.

Anyways, if you’re boxed in or there is just no way out, I don’t know what else to tell you as don’t play the Xbox version. If it allows you to use mods, you might try removing them to see if it fixes your problem.

liquidcat

Staff member
This happened to me once. Luckily I had a return scepter/warp totem on me and I was able to warp out of there.

SaraahBear

Greenhorn
You could try striking around you with all possible tools (weapon, pick, axe, and hoe) and see it it breaks anything.

If that doesn’t work, you could try placing furniture, floor tiles, or any other stuff you can place on the ground to see if you can map out your surroundings and/or see if you’re stuck in an invisible box (if you have the crafting mats or happen to be carrying anything placeable).

Personally, I’d try with either a scarecrow or floor tiles if you have the mats to craft any because there’s no indoor/outdoor restrictions on them, and also because you don’t even have to place them, you can just craft one (cobble stone path, for example), then hover it around you to see if any squares around you turn from red to green. The squares that are red most likely indicate something is already occupying that space, while squares that are green most likely mean an open space you can try moving into.

Anyways, if you’re boxed in or there is just no way out, I don’t know what else to tell you as don’t play the Xbox version. If it allows you to use mods, you might try removing them to see if it fixes your problem.
I’ve tried everything, but nothings working. I’ll probably have to start over. Thank you for the help.

SaraahBear

Greenhorn

So, update: I walked al the way to the left and found the house, and walked counter clock wise to walk to the door. So my game is fine :)