PC [HELP] Game crashing after sleeping

gyy

Newcomer
HELP!!

Our game keeps crashing after we go to bed. We are running a multiplayer game, and after we go to bed, the game doesn;t save and crashes.

Don't know what to do anymore :(

ConcernedApe

Creator & Developer
Staff member
Hi, could you go to %appdata%/StardewValley/ErrorLogs and send me one of the error logs associated with the crash? That might help me figure this out. Also, are you using any mods?

ConcernedApe

Creator & Developer
Staff member
Hi Lorian, I can try to fix this for the next update. What I would recommend for now, is to remove all objects from the interior of your coops and slime hutches., Then try going to sleep again. Let me know if that enables you to get past the night

Lorian

Sodbuster
Hi Lorian, I can try to fix this for the next update. What I would recommend for now, is to remove all objects from the interior of your coops and slime hutches., Then try going to sleep again. Let me know if that enables you to get past the night
Hi! I just do what you say and your are right! I remove all the objects and can save the day. Thanks you so much ^_^

aylenh

Greenhorn
Hello i have similar problem, sometimes after i go to sleep my game crash and delete the world, i dont know what to do because i always have to start new game...
For me its unplayable at the moment becuase of this.

Lili18

Newcomer
I’m having the same issue but it deleted my save with the new fixes i have checked to make sure i have the game updated it keeps happening it’s unplayable I can’t open old saves with the fear of losing them too please help me

Last edited:

Odin

Staff member
@aylenh @Lili18

Edit: I just realized you may be saying that the game disappears from the game's load screen, but you may still have the files. I recommend both of you follow the steps here if you haven't already: https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Saves#Troubleshooting. If those steps don't solve your issue, please keep reading:

I recommend making backups of all your saves, see https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Saves for where you can find them, then make copies of all the saves you have and move those copies to another location on your PC. That way you'll have copies of your saves even if this issues happens again. Any additional details you can provide would help. Are you in a local co-op or online multiplayer game when this has happened? Are you playing with any mods?

Next, can you share your most recent error log? (Crashes don't always produce an error log, so you may not see any in the folder).
  • On Windows, press the windows key + R and enter %appdata%/stardewvalley/errorlogs.
  • On Mac, from your desktop click Go in the menubar (in the top right), then "Go to folder..." at the bottom of that menu. Enter ~/.config/StardewValley/ErrorLogs/.
If you have SMAPI installed, the best way to share a log is via https://smapi.io/log.

Last edited:

Lili18

Newcomer
@aylenh @Lili18

Edit: I just realized you may be saying that the game disappears from the game's load screen, but you may still have the files. I recommend both of you follow the steps here if you haven't already: https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Saves#Troubleshooting. If those steps don't solve your issue, please keep reading:

I recommend making backups of all your saves, see https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Saves for where you can find them, then make copies of all the saves you have and move those copies to another location on your PC. That way you'll have copies of your saves even if this issues happens again. Any additional details you can provide would help. Are you in a local co-op or online multiplayer game when this has happened? Are you playing with any mods?

Next, can you share your most recent error log? (Crashes don't always produce an error log, so you may not see any in the folder).
  • On Windows, press the windows key + R and enter %appdata%/stardewvalley/errorlogs.
  • On Mac, from your desktop click Go in the menubar (in the top right), then "Go to folder..." at the bottom of that menu. Enter ~/.config/StardewValley/ErrorLogs/.
If you have SMAPI installed, the best way to share a log is via https://smapi.io/log.
i have tried the troubleshooting help and it didn't work my back ups are not working too i do not have mods and i play single player i have noticed most the time when it happens i get the dino egg and when i almost finish the community centre hopefully that helpful information for you

Attachments

dlraeg28

Newcomer
This problem is happening to me and my friend as well. Since starting multiplayer, every night when we sleep, we get stuck on the "waiting for other players" page. We both have not installed any mods, just bought the game as well. Please help concernedape :(

Lili18

Newcomer
This problem is happening to me and my friend as well. Since starting multiplayer, every night when we sleep, we get stuck on the "waiting for other players" page. We both have not installed any mods, just bought the game as well. Please help concernedape :(
Just a quick question do your saves not go by the name of the character because recently I’ve noticed it’s going by the farm name no clue if it’s a new way to the save and know what saves are what but just checking if steam is messing with mine

MouseyPounds

Sodbuster
Just a quick question do your saves not go by the name of the character because recently I’ve noticed it’s going by the farm name no clue if it’s a new way to the save and know what saves are what but just checking if steam is messing with mine
Stardew 1.5 changed the save naming scheme so any new saves made will use the Farm name instead of the Farmer name. Older saves will continue to use whatever name they had.

EDIT: Your log says this: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. so the most likely problem is overzealous anti-virus/security software interfering with the saving process.

Lili18

Newcomer
Stardew 1.5 changed the save naming scheme so any new saves made will use the Farm name instead of the Farmer name. Older saves will continue to use whatever name they had.

EDIT: Your log says this: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. so the most likely problem is overzealous anti-virus/security software interfering with the saving process.
good to know i didn't know if that was a feature
mine doesn't say the it crashes when i load up the game again the save is deleted when i check the folder its still there just wont show to play it but i have found my back up that i saved the only one that didn't break but sets me back weeks with a lot of progress missing wish backs were not needed but i know it will be a while till fixed because of the new update sadly now even that save is broken again

Last edited: