PC [HELP] Game crashes when sleeping! pls help!

ViniUiti

Greenhorn
Heya! so the trouble is that when i go sleep to save the game and end the day, the game crashes and i have to re-do the day, and it happens every day! im getting a bit mad about it.
here's the error log for you guys see whats happening.
thanks!

edit:Ideleted some steam games to have more space, and it is aparently working, but help will still be appreciated.

Attachments

Last edited:
i tried it just now, didn't worked... thanks anyway :D

EDIT:I tried open SV as admin and its working. maybe thats a sollution
Then, report me back if you experience a game crashing. –I want to see if it works in the long term.

I am also waiting for @bleu to respond to see if CA's method works long-term.

Sooner, I want to let the Moderator to mark both of your thread as [solved]. – to confirm it is working properly.

Edit: I forgot to mention. Report me back if you finally reached a new season.

Last edited:

ViniUiti

Greenhorn
Then, report me back if you experience a game crashing. –I want to see if it works in the long term.

I am also waiting for @bleu to respond to see if CA's method works long-term.

Sooner, I want to let the Moderator to mark both of your thread as [solved]. – to confirm it is working properly.

Edit: I forgot to mention. Report me back if you finally reached a new season.
Yeah, its not working on long-term, it stopped crashing for a few game days but soon returned to crash. i really want to play but it is turning my experience a bit bad...

Yeah, its not working on long-term, it stopped crashing for a few game days but soon returned to crash. i really want to play but it is turning my experience a bit bad...
Thanks for letting me know. I guess playing as admin does not seem to be enough.
Is it possible to show your message error?

ViniUiti

Greenhorn
Message: The render target must not be set on the device when it is used as a texture.
InnerException:
Stack Trace: em Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.TextureCollection.set_Item(Int32 index, Texture value)
em Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.RenderBatch(Texture2D texture, SpriteInfo[] sprites, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
em Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.Flush()
em Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.End()
em StardewValley.Game1.renderScreenBuffer(RenderTarget2D target_screen) na C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:linha 19957
em StardewValley.Game1.Draw(GameTime gameTime) na C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:linha 18709
em StardewValley.GameRunner.Draw(GameTime gameTime) na C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\LocalMultiplayer.cs:linha 642
em Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DrawFrame()
em Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
em Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
em Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
em Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
em Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
em System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
em System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
em System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
em System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
em System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
em Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
em Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
em StardewValley.Program.Main(String[] args) na C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Program.cs:linha 156

Game Version: 1.5.4
SDK Helper: SteamHelper
Game Language: pt
GPU: Google SwiftShader 3D Renderer
OS: Win32NT Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
In-game Date: summer 25 Y1 Time of Day: 600
Game Location: FarmHouse

Message: The render target must not be set on the device when it is used as a texture.
InnerException:
Stack Trace: em Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.TextureCollection.set_Item(Int32 index, Texture value)
em Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.RenderBatch(Texture2D texture, SpriteInfo[] sprites, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
em StardewValley.Game1.renderScreenBuffer(RenderTarget2D target_screen) na C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:linha 19957
em StardewValley.Game1.Draw(GameTime gameTime) na C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:linha 18709
em StardewValley.GameRunner.Draw(GameTime gameTime) na C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\LocalMultiplayer.cs:linha 642
em Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
em System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
em System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
em System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
em System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
em StardewValley.Program.Main(String[] args) na C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Program.cs:linha 156

In-game Date: summer 25 Y1 Time of Day: 600
It looks like it's the same problem, just like the previous one, despite that you are currently playing as an admin. I noticed there are too many XNA.
Let's fix them one by one, and please keep posting the newest message log.

Could you try to verify if you have Microsoft XNA installed?
Also, try to follow this instruction.

I am asking because I wonder if re-downloading Microsoft XNA could prevent the crash.

ViniUiti

Greenhorn
It looks like it's the same problem, just like the previous one, despite that you are currently playing as an admin. I noticed there are too many XNA.
Let's fix them one by one, and please keep posting the newest message log.

Could you try to verify if you have Microsoft XNA installed?
Also, try to follow this instruction.

I am asking because I wonder if re-downloading Microsoft XNA could prevent the crash.
Just installed XNA andi will say if it worked.

ViniUiti

Greenhorn
Keep me posted. I want to see the next error.log.
*Installing XNA didnt worked*

here's the error log of today, 21/11/21 - DD/MM

InnerException:

In-game Date: fall 15 Y1 Time of Day: 600

good to know that re-installing XNA 4.0 does nor work,. Let's continue.... let's try out XNAfx40_redist to fix it. – give a try.

Let's continue to follow this previous instruction.
Try this instruction.
I wanna know if XNAfx40 could fix it.
Report me back.

Keep going:

Screen Shot 2021-11-21 at 8.39.07 PM.png

other source to check:

Last edited:
A few days ago, I managed to help people to fix their XNA framework. –most of their XNA framework was part of the problem, although they have different symptoms.
I am aware you already followed the troubleshoot. However, I wondered if you could try one more time by re-installing XNA and Direct X.
Because your error log message has issue with XNA.

Could you try to upgrade it and report back to me?

XNA

I have provided for you the latest Direct X

Please report back, if it works or not.

ViniUiti

Greenhorn
24/11/21 02:51 PM

InnerException:

In-game Date: fall 17 Y1 Time of Day: 600

Last edited: