PC [HELP] Game crashes when sleeping! pls help!

ViniUiti

Greenhorn
1) Download XNAfx40_redist.:

2) Download the latest Net Framework 4.8

3) Find the XNAFX40 in your file:
Reboot your computer.
did just as you said, and still i cant find the XNAFX40 . as you can see in this screenshot

1637790992443.png

ViniUiti

Greenhorn
error log of the day 24/11/2021 7:39 pm

Message: The render target must not be set on the device when it is used as a texture.
InnerException:
Stack Trace: em Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.TextureCollection.set_Item(Int32 index, Texture value)
em Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.RenderBatch(Texture2D texture, SpriteInfo[] sprites, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
em Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.Flush()
em Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.End()
em StardewValley.Game1.renderScreenBuffer(RenderTarget2D target_screen) na C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:linha 19957
em StardewValley.Game1.Draw(GameTime gameTime) na C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:linha 18709
em StardewValley.GameRunner.Draw(GameTime gameTime) na C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\LocalMultiplayer.cs:linha 642
em Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DrawFrame()
em Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
em Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
em Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
em Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
em Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
em System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
em System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
em System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
em System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
em System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
em Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
em Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
em StardewValley.Program.Main(String[] args) na C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Program.cs:linha 156

Game Version: 1.5.4
SDK Helper: SteamHelper
Game Language: pt
GPU: Google SwiftShader 3D Renderer
OS: Win32NT Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
In-game Date: fall 19 Y1 Time of Day: 600
Game Location: FarmHouse

Could you explore this path and screenshot what's inside of your Microsoft XNA folder?
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\assembly\GAC_32\Microsoft.Xna.Framework

If you cannot find it, Can you find Microsoft.XNA or Microsoft.NET through a magnifying glass in your computer?

My question is, where did you download XNAfx40_redist?
Have you extracted the XNAfx40_redist folder?
It is probably why you did not see the XNAx40_redist on the computer.

Last edited:

ViniUiti

Greenhorn
a tip: i noticed that when i sell something in the box, the game doesnt cras. i played for one ore two hours just now and realized it, so if someone have the same problem, try sell stuff in the box everyday.

about xnafx40, i promise i will look for it tomorrow, sure.

ViniUiti

Greenhorn
1638046322137.png

When i try to open XNA framework it opens this message, that says to open the file with another program. what i do next?

When i try to open XNA framework it opens this message, that says to open the file with another program. what i do next?
It looks like to me that the XNAfx_40 is not inside of the file.
I am aware that your computer is in in different language.
I have a question about the date modification of the XNA file.

is the 01/11/2021 as January 11, 2021 ?
or 01/11/2021 as November 01, 2021?

If it is modified on January 11, 2021, I am goinng to send a message.

Sorry...I called you @MysticTempest to see if there is some possibility to fix this error.
I saw your account while doing my research on playstarbound website.
I saw you were familiar with XNA and game crashing while saving.

We did all the troubleshooting and re-installing XNA.
What's your insight on that?

Sorry...I called you @MysticTempest to see if there is some possibility to fix this error.
I saw your account while doing my research on playstarbound website.
I saw you were familiar with XNA and game crashing while saving.

We did all the troubleshooting and re-installing XNA.
What's your insight on that?
No worries.
Yea, you've really covered the bases on things to try. XNA's always been a big pain point for Windows users.

If they're on 64bit: I'd recommend they jump to the Beta.
As the switch to Monogame on WIndows as well; should help: https://forums.stardewvalley.net/threads/stardew-valley-1-5-5-technical-update-beta.8893/
Guide for checking: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...uestions-c6ca9541-8dce-4d48-0415-94a3faa2e13d

If not; they'd be stuck with 32bit and XNA, but one thing of note. Is this line in their logs:
They seem to be using a software-based rendering system.
GPU: Google SwiftShader 3D Renderer

Perhaps try, uninstalling this, and using the default directX suitable for your graphics card. And, @ViniUiti, do you know what kind of GPU you have?

ViniUiti

Greenhorn
It looks like to me that the XNAfx_40 is not inside of the file.
I am aware that your computer is in in different language.
I have a question about the date modification of the XNA file.

is the 01/11/2021 as January 11, 2021 ?
or 01/11/2021 as November 01, 2021?

If it is modified on January 11, 2021, I am goinng to send a message.
Probably (very probably) its november 01 2021.

about my GPU, is it my graphic board? if it is, i think i dont have any.

Just a little follow up ViniUiti; v1.5.5 released. So you can see how the update goes.

But, I looked up your integrated graphics, and it seems to only support up to DirectX 9.0c.
And, SDV's recommended minimum requirements as found on the Steam store page; is v10. So, possibly playable, but as you're experiencing crashes.
It may just be your hardware not meeting the requirements that causes the issue.

Code:
    Minimum:
        Processor: 2 Ghz
        Memory: 2 GB RAM
        Graphics: 256 mb video memory, shader model 3.0+
        DirectX: Version 10
        Storage: 500 MB available space

Direct X 9 for Microsoft....

I am giving you a link just in case if you can't find it.
It would help if you didn't risk downloading malware or a virus from other website.

Last edited:

ViniUiti

Greenhorn
Direct X 9 for Microsoft....

I am giving you a link just in case if you can't find it.
It would help if you didn't risk downloading malware or a virus from other website.
Sorry about that time that i was off.

Just downloaded Direct X and the game updated,and i didnt had a crash since! so maybe its long therm working now, idk... anyway, thanks! you guys helped a lot, and if the game crash again, i will report and post the error log here!