PC [Help] Game Crashed While Trying to Load in Saved Game files

TimberWolf1939

Newcomer
I will open my game and go to click on the Load Game button, once I click on that and it transitions to the screen that says "Loading Saved Games", the entire game will crash and I am unable to do anything except force exit out of the game. I have no access to any of my saved games.

I have tried a lot of the suggested fixes and gone as too reload SDV in Steam to see if uninstalling then reinstalling would help any but it didn't.

I am on PC with the newest update for the game and all drivers are up to date for my system.

mouse

Farmer
Were you previously using mods? If so, try reinstalling SMAPI and playing for at least one in-game day without using any of the mods themselves, so that SMAPI can clean up your save files.

If you have not ever installed SMAPI or mods, are you able to create a new game, or does that also crash?

TimberWolf1939

Newcomer
Were you previously using mods? If so, try reinstalling SMAPI and playing for at least one in-game day without using any of the mods themselves, so that SMAPI can clean up your save files.

If you have not ever installed SMAPI or mods, are you able to create a new game, or does that also crash?

So I did previously use Mods when some of my friends started playing but those were all on Co-Op farms that I don't have access to. I've reinstalled SMAPI and played for a few days in game, but it is still crashing. I don't even get to choose from what save I get to load, I go to choose a save to load into and the game just crashes on me.

mouse

Farmer
Can you post your crash log from your ErrorLogs folder? On Windows it should be in
%appdata%\StardewValley\ next to your Saves folder.

If the last time you crashed was with SMAPI installed, you can parse the SMAPI log to make it easier to read.