Xbox [HELP] Game automatically crashes when friends try to join multiplayer

alazar14

Newcomer
Hello everyone,

I am experiencing a strange issue with the game. When I begin a multiplayer session and invite my friends, or even when they join on their own, the game automatically crashes and kicks me out back to the home screen. I have tried resetting my Xbox, uninstalling the game, deleting all save files, and even moving the game from external to internal hard drive. None of this seems to work. What is most frustrating, my friend does appear to be able to host a game, and I can join him without issues. I am on Xbox (console), so I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced a similar problem on console and has found a fix?

Last edited by a moderator:

Alice

Greenhorn
That’s what happened to me too, I play split screen co-op with my husband and I get error message pop up saying “The software was closed because an error has occurred” and immediately closes the game. It happened a few times and stuff we’ve done like quests doesn’t get saved, it’s so frustrating. And this only happens when we play co-op. I’m playing on switch tho. 😔 I do hope this gets resolved soon.