PC [HELP] Frozen, then windows error, had to revert computer to earlier date

Pearl

Newcomer
  • explain the issue (including any pattern you noticed about when it happens);
Finished half a day in the mines getting to level 20, then went to town. While talking to Alex in the middle of summer year one he had that 3 part chat where he talks about being famous, he was standing at Rusty's little fenced in spot. I clicked through the first two parts and started walking away, then realized I could still talk to him, so I went back. The game froze, the computer froze. No error screen, just completely unresponsive. When I did a hard reboot because that's all I could do, I got a short startup and this windows error popup window: Sign-in process initialization failure, Interactive sign-in process initialization has failed. Please check the event log for details.

Basically my computer was not booting or shutting down fully, just going to that startup error screen, but I managed to get into recovery and reverted to a backup on December 18th and everything seems fine.

• game version;
  • in-game language;
English
  • single-player or multiplayer;
Single player.
  • anything else you think might be relevant.
Mods: SMAPI for 1.5.1, Auto Animal Doors (current but not working for 1.5), Automate (current 1.5), Automatic Gates (current 1.5), BetterRancing (current but not updated for 1.5), CJBCheats (current 1.5), DynamicNightTime(current 1.5), NPCMapLocations (current 1.5), SimpleCropLabel (current 1.5), SkillCavernElevator (current 1.5) and WinterGrass (current but not 1.5).

The only CJB cheats I have on are: Runspeed 3, no fence decay, instant catch, durable tackle (had on the purple tackle that increases bite rate and something like 80 bait), and no friendship decay.

Nothing else was running on my laptop.

Last edited: